Quiltalong - 2022

Our friend’s little girl has downs, I especially wanted the quilt to have a textural element to make it extra interactive. It’s a game, I started 2 of them in 2020. Covid ate my motivation up to now :unamused: .

@Immaculata, a portable hand stitching craft I love are TM squares or fabric beads. So small & easy to transport, very satisfying.

3 Likes

I, tendstowardschaos offer my 15 Stars Quilt for my large personal finish.

This quilt is for a friend and it will be presented as a Quilt of Valor (he saw combat as a Marine). I know QOVF recommends no flag-like quilts, but his wife chose the pattern and it’s different enough from a modern flag that I think it’ll be alright. Plus, the other side is pretty much a quilt all by itself.

10 Likes

What an amazing and generous use of your talents. I love the double sided nature of this quilt!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Wow! Stunning!

2 Likes

I, Immaculata, offer Rainbow charm baby quilt for my medium personal finish.

Rainbow charm baby quilt

I’m glad to say the recipient was very happy with it! She actually got quite emotional. She’s Mr Imma’s friend from childhood and we know each other, but not that well, since she doesn’t live close anymore. But I’m very glad it went to her! I had originally started this quilt with someone else in mind. Someone who is married to someone I care about, but who I personally dislike. It had started to become an obligation. So when this friend announced their pregnancy, I instantly knew it would be perfect for her and I finished it pretty quickly afterwards.

It was supposed to be a small project, but it ended up being a medium as I spent an entire night just pressing and squaring up the HST and another two hours basting and quilting, then had to rip half of it out to get rid of tucks, then basting and quilting again.

11 Likes

This is gorgeous! I’m not participating in this, but maybe next year. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is such a sweet gift and it sounds like it ended up with the right person! Did you end up buying a specialty HST ruler?

2 Likes

Saw this on FB. A free class for triangles - I might try this one day…

5 Likes

Sorry - this started today. I meant to post it last week. Hope it is open access.

3 Likes

No, I didn’t, the ones I found were a bit too expensive (I think €40-ish). I used my square Omnigrid ruler with a diagonal line.

2 Likes

The corner windmills just make it perfect. Love the fun fabrics paired with the white.

2 Likes

I’m trying out a layout for my scrap quilt. Wanted to make sure I didn’t hate it. It’s kind of turning into a use the scraps up AND some of the beautiful fabrics I’ve been hoarding, because that’s the only way it’s going to be as big as I want it (before I completely lose interest in the project). Still need to cut 113 little squares and make 20 large scrap squares.

11 Likes

I like it! I’m a huge fan of scrap quilts. There are so many fun fabrics to see. I love the vintage caravan!

It’s after dinner here and Mr. Imma is visiting a friend. I just got out my sewing machine for April’s prompt. This is the best prompt ever. Can’t we just have “start a project” prompts all the time? :laughing:

3 Likes

Well, I was so tired I didn’t even get around to sewing! I opened the package with the fabric and I pulled all the fabrics out. That’s not really starting, is it? :laughing:

I hope to get some sewing done today.

3 Likes

I hope you find the time and motivation to sew today!

I’m hoping to get closer to finishing my remaining large scrap squares. I did a lot of crumb piecing yesterday, and finished cutting the little squares.

2 Likes

My mom is 93 and has this little lap quilt that one of the churches made and handed out. It’s a simple 4 square , and it is less than beautiful. So I raided my mom’s fabric stash. She doesn’t have much cotton, but I found some tropical prints. So now I have a fun, bright quilt to stitch up.
But I spent the weekend doing yard work, garden prep, and hiking. My back hurts.

5 Likes

Isn’t that the ‘getting inspired by looking at all the pretty fabric’ step? I’m sure that counts as starting. :wink:

5 Likes

I made 14 crumb squares (9.5") today. So close, so close. :sob:

10 Likes

I love them! :heart_eyes: I can never get enough of scrappy projects.

2 Likes