Quiltalong - 2022

Thanks! I thought 2.5 was a good size. I am just going to do random patterns as I don’t think I will make them into a quilt…I always like to use scrappy pieces in other projects.

3 Likes

@AntBee I like Color me Scrappy-2.5" Charms swap and Charming Scrap Squares Swap. Fun.

My mom’s lap quilt is coming along. I’ve ripped and resewn three blocks now because I didn’t like two of them and the third with an economy square in the center was not square! The center block was a 1/2 inch off and I didn’t even notice until I put the whole thing together. How did that happen? I even squared up the squares. It’s the one with the kitty and I guess the purring got to me. It’s fixed now.
I am Wemblying on the border sashing and binding.

11 Likes

It is really colorful and has quite a tropical feel!

@AIMR, this seemed like a fun block to use in your WW quilts.

1 Like

Yes, it is very cute and fun! Do you remember Kathy…kbrison…from the old site? We did a lot of swaps together where she collected blue and yellow stars. It was fun and challenging to find star patterns to use…I am so glad I kept them on file now! She had some doozies and some very easy ones!

3 Likes

Ok, the swap is officially OPEN!

3 Likes

Your quilt top is so bright and cheerful, @marionberries!

I have finally finished quilting my queen-size scrap quilt. In keeping with the randomness of it, I straight-stitched the sashing, and then did a different free-motion design for each of the 56 squares. :joy::crazy_face: Never again. This thing was so heavy.

9 Likes

@tendstowardschaos - it’s amazing!

I took a bunch of leftover triangles from the BOMs I’ve done so far and stitched them together. Nothing was square but it’s scrappy, right? I’ll prob turn it into a coaster/mug rug thing.

9 Likes

It would make a cute mug rug/coaster! I have a bunch of those, too!

2 Likes

Heck yeah for scrap busting Abbee!

1 Like

This is the stack of sewn leaders and enders. About 200 of them.

9 Likes

I tendstowardschaos offer The Scrap Queen quilt for my medium personal finish.

9 Likes

You mean xtra xtra large! WOW!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m sorry to be so far behind on this month’s prompt! As a result, I feel it’s only fair to offer a prompt that has a bit of a built in shortcut.

June Prompt
Create a quilt project using precuts:
Jelly rolls, layer cakes, honey buns, single scoops, double scoops…quilt something deliciously delightful using precut fabric!

There are so many free precut patterns out there! Here are a few links to help inspire you.
Projects using precut strips (I particularly like the second project they show, the Vivid Grid quilt.)
Free quilts & patterns - You can sort the results based on the type of precut fabric you have.
Video tutorials of all kinds for all precuts - It’s always nice when someone is demonstrating what to do!

2 Likes

So close indeed! I would say, close enough to count as a May entry :grin:.

@marionberries, I’m looking forward to seeing how you finish your mom’s quilt! The little cat block is my favorite!

@tendstowardschaos, WOW! That scrap quilt is HUGE! And as scrappy as a quilt can be! It looks like you already entered your QOV quilt as a large personal finish, so you can either re-enter one of your quilts as a Quarter 2 Challenge quilt if either meet the challenge guidelines, or you can enter one as a medium personal finish (you could also submit your scrap quilt as a June prompt since it’s made up of so many precut pieces of fabric, but that would only gain you 1 ticket to the prize drawing whereas the other options will get you 2 or 3).

Perhaps next year we should change the rules for the personal finish entries so that people can submit multiple entries of the same size rather than being limited to just one small, medium, or large.

3 Likes

Woohoo! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Oh, whoops! I didn’t realize I finished them the same quarter. I’ll change the scrap quilt to a medium entry.

2 Likes

I marionberries submit this as my June BOM entry.

Quite patriotic but this is the “July” block in my year-long quilt. If the July block (when determined) suits me better, I’ll use that one and repurpose this one. All the other blocks are medium to dark colors, so the light blocks in this one makes it stand out too much. Ah well, I have months to go before I put them all together.

I cut everything a tiny bit large and then trimmed, then forgot I had done that so the stripes on the corner blocks became a bit narrow. So another variation. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

AH! It looks soo good!

1 Like

So glad to see it done up in RWB…I nominated it because I need another star for my WW quilt! Did you do the traditional pattern or the pieced one? If I have time, I might try both just to compare!

3 Likes