Quiltalong - 2023

You did a fantastic job designing around those odd blocks you received! I loved the colors but could not imagine how they would go together.

1 Like

Those colors are so… old-fashioned. It has an old-time feel with a modern loose interpretation. Hopefully, whoever gets this lap quilt will love it. It is growing on me.

4 Likes

They also feel a bit “old fashioned” to me, but I work with a couple of really young people, straight out of college, and they wear these kind of colour combinations all the time. So maybe, you’re just an early adopter!

They wear these colours with double denim and low-rise jeans, by the way :thinking: I don’t really get the appeal but I suppose that’s what happens when you remember the last time it was cool.

4 Likes

I’ve been nagging my neice for a picture of her three boys on their quilts. I am patient, she has three boys and when I asked, they were all under 5! She is an amazing mom, calm, and unruffled, and she herds them quite nicely. They are terrors though, aren’t all boys?

The little one is three now, but here are their quilts made by their great aunt (or whatever I am to them). They use them all the time, picnics, travel, in the back yard, TV watching.

13 Likes

Oh I love this so much!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: She sounds like a great mom and it sounds like those quilts are well loved.

Don’t let girls fool you, though, they are terrors, too. :wink:

4 Likes

And the finished quilt is here.

3 Likes

I absolutely love this picture!! And I love that their quilts are in constant use!

I have the sweetest little boy in the world, but even he at times fits this description :laughing:.

1 Like

Hi @AudiobookLover can you move this up to the top with the other prompts so my lazy self can find it easily? Please.

2 Likes

Lol, yes, I will do that right now. Thank you for the reminder!

2 Likes

I have to speak up in defence of the ones that aren’t. My oldest son was a breeze to raise, our younger son was a challenge, not in a bad way, just not as easy as his brother.

3 Likes

My grandson is a sweet easy kid, but my granddaughter gives everyone a run for their money.

4 Likes

I think the chances are 50-50 no matter the sex! :grin:

I have heard all the stories, and frankly, I have just concluded that raising kids is not for everyone. It is said to be one of the toughest jobs ever! I commend those who do it!

6 Likes

I have two boys who are a handful and are boy’s boys (eg into sports and being rough and farts and all that) but my sister has a boy and a girl and they are both very much on the emotional scale of getting upset if you look at them the wrong way. So my nephew is not like my boys at all, but is still a handful and my niece (as sweet as she is on her own sewing with me) is also hard work sometimes. They all have their easy times and their tricky times and so many things add in to the melting pot that creates a child’s personality. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

Word.

My son was and is super easy. Let’s have another one we said, we’re great parents! Oh how humbling these girls have been. :laughing:

6 Likes

We have two 15 years olds between us, a boy & a girl. They were wrestling last night, I had to force them to knock it off. 10:45, way past lights out & the lad had a 4am flight. No matter how different or samey they are, all children are 100% ridiculous.

7 Likes

And an endless source of laughter and tears.

4 Likes

My sister’s lifelong best friend’s daughter is having a baby girl in August. I caved and got fabric to make a quilt and hopefully a small burp pad for her. I really haven’t made a baby quilt in some time, so I had no fabrics that called out to me…I decided to get a jelly roll to keep from having to cut out a bunch of strips.

8 Likes

Nice fabric picks! Do you already have a pattern chosen out?

1 Like

Yes, it is called Jelly Roll Jam

4 Likes

That looks like a quick but cute make.

3 Likes