Quiltalong - 2023

I like this one!! Mr. Imma’s birthday is coming up soon and it would be perfect for a gift bag. Or for a Christmas block of course.

1 Like

Alright! The December BOM has been decided! I like the idea of using both blocks and leaving the choice up to each person. I’ll get them added to the BOM list sometime soon.

5 Likes

My neice just had baby boy number 4. I think I need to have a talk with her about how this kind of thing happens. grinning

Time to plan a new baby quilt. The three older boys have their quilts for little Finley needs his!.

5 Likes

That’s a terrible idea… You need the stash-buster project recipients to keep on comin’ along!

6 Likes

Finished another scrap quilt from leftovers and purchases to finalize it. It’s so warm and cozy I hate to send it off. But we have enough lapquilts around the house now. I can give it away…I think…

3 Likes

Just a little reminder as we head into the holidays: please don’t forget LC this year! We enjoy this place for all the fun swaps, inspirational craftalongs, and incredible inspirations. We have formed some lasting and amazing friendships. And we have done it cost-free. Please think about giving to show your support and love for this great community! Let’s keep this Craftalong going for years to come!

1 Like

BOTH of my Candy Corn Quilt Shoppe quilts are done and I am sooo happy to have them finished!!

Since starting those quilts, I have also acquired patterns (and fabric and embellishments) for three more Kimberbell quilts and two bench pillows. I’m thinking I’ll probably do a bench pillow next before I start on another big embroidered quilt project (I still need to catch my breath after finishing the Candy Corn quilts :sweat_smile:).

3 Likes

Those art quilts were amazing! I cannot believe the amount of work you put into them. Whew! You made me feel lazy just looking at it!

My birthday near the end of Thanksgiving and I will be getting the fabric I asked for so I can try to make a quilt for myself. I am nervous and excited. I have some swaps and a couple of Christmas gifts to finish so I probably can’t start until the new year, but this thread has been inspiring. Hopefully, I can join in and show my progress next year!

4 Likes

My mom mailed me another box of random fabric scraps. I really don’t want to add the pile to my own scrap bin, so I started processing them this afternoon. Cutting them into strips and squares. There were 3 really random sized pieces of pink Aristocats fabric, that seemed to coordinate with some scraps of bright pink and blue. There was a subtle white on white print, so I decided to see if I could make something with them. The black came out of my own stash.

The smallest scrap cut was just under 4” wide, so I cut 3.5” squares. I managed to put this together this afternoon. I used up nearly every square I cut. (The last couple will get cut down to 2.5” squares and added to that stash.) I found some random pinks in my stash. It’s pretty small right now; just 24”x30”. I’m going to add a 1” border of black, then a 3.5” border of the mottled pink, and back it with the pale pink solid. It should end up 32”x38”.

Since my goal for after the holidays is to stash bust as much quilt fabric as possible, and I have bits for several kids quilts, I’ll save them up and mail a whole box to Quilts for Kids, a charity that provides quilts to children battling serious illness I’m hospitals.

9 Likes

That final size is a nice baby blanket size. This is really cute and the colors are fun. Well done.

4 Likes

Got the borders on yesterday. While I wasn’t looking to make a random baby quilt and I really don’t like pink much, I am happy with how this is coming out. And I have to admit, I love quilts this size, because I can pin baste them on top of my cutting table rather than the dining room floor.

12 Likes

It is really a nice size and a nice pattern for a child. You did a great job combining fabrics that worked with that print! I think the black tones down the pink and the blue gives a nice bright contrast.

For random, it looks very well put together!

3 Likes

I agree the boldness of the blue and black keeps it from looking too sweet, like pink tends to do.

3 Likes

The cat in the print has bright blue eyes, hence that choice.

3 Likes

It’s really lovely Jennie, whatever kid gets it will be really happy

1 Like

The black frame really makes it all pop. and the pink ties it all together. Win!

1 Like

Ooh, which fabric will you be getting? I know you had talked about making a jelly roll quilt a few months ago, but I can’t remember if you had the fabric for it. Will your birthday fabric be for that, or will it be for a different quilt pattern?

@MistressJennie, you never cease to amaze me! I am so impressed that you managed to just whip this up! I love that you will be donating it for a sick child. This will definitely bring cheer to any hospital room!

4 Likes

I got the farbics to try to make this quilt in a lip quilt size. I think I should try to make a jelly roll first, just to get some experience under my belt.

2 Likes

It’s really cute! I love how you used every color in that print throughout the quilt.

1 Like

That came out so nicely! The black makes it look very smart, cute but not cutesy.

2 Likes