Quiltalong - 2023

I just bought 15 jelly rolls from some one destashing! What was I thinking?
Must finish holiday and baby quilts…must finish

4 Likes

Jelly rolls. :drooling_face:

1 Like

I know. 60 bucks for 12. They were given to this woman and she doesn’t sew. Think of the lap quilts I can make for donation!

4 Likes

I.am.so.jealous!

2 Likes

That’s an amazing deal made even better since you are going to pay it forward with donated quilts!

2 Likes

Hey friends! I talked to @MareMare today on Facebook, and got her permission to repost her tutorial for machine binding quilts, instead of having to access it on the Wayback Machine. Here it is:

11 Likes

I was searching up images of watercolour quilts using this ingenious grid fusible interfacing and came across this fab blog with 49 lodestar quilt blocks in a row! My gosh, they are incredibly presented.

3 Likes

Here’s a tiny little finish from me:

Is this my first finish this year? Possibly.

Years and years ago I bought a whole yard full of these potholder-sized panels. It was €1 from the discount bin. The style is not my favourite but they’re nice practice projects. I needed some practice today and decided to finish it right away instead of putting it in a to-be finished pile. It’ll get used tonight. I think I have two more, I’ve given away lots of them. And I think there’s still at least 1/3 of that yard left!

9 Likes

My Dec BOM got sent off wirhout a photo! Hopefuly I can get my DD to send me a pic bedor the end of the year, won’t arrive until Thursday…with luck.
But I did finish her lap quilt, though not in time for Christmas. I’ll deliver in January.

I marionberries , offer DDs Lap quilt for my large personal finish.

And a little scrap quilt for her little dog Pippa.

11 Likes

The colors in that quilt are very soothing…of course, little Pippa is the star of that quilt…just so cute!

3 Likes

I had a bunch of panels like that…I finally made them into Christmas pillows. Very nice!

2 Likes

So sweet and good practice.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Starting in on my stack of 5 kids quilt tops for Quilts for Kids. I pieced scraps of batting and found a chunk of black flannel for backing that was just the right size. Yay for scrap stash busting!

8 Likes

First one is quilted! Let’s see if I can get another set up and pin basted before I have to make dinner…

4 Likes

You’re a machine!

1 Like

Well I didn’t manage to pin baste a second one, but that was because I discovered that while I had added the planned skinny black border, I hadn’t added the wider yellow one I planned on. So I cut and pieced those borders instead. That added 4” to each side, making them a bit bigger and a more useful size. I’m not sure what I have for backing the two tops, so I’ll have to get creative today, or pick up some more of that yellow at Walmart.

9 Likes

It’s lovely, the black makes the colours really pop

1 Like

Really nice!!

1 Like

@MistressJennie the bright and fun colors really make these pop. I admire your quick quilting mojo! I’m avoiding sandwiching and quilting a baby quilt by doing housework!

-I marionberries , submit this as my December BOM entry
Pippa’s mini quilt. I hand tied this one for max fluff and Pippa approves.

image000000
image000001

9 Likes