Quilted Harry Potter Pillow Cover

For the Owl Post Swap, my partner mentioned having a new reading corner that was in need of some cushion covers. I knew I wanted to try to quilt something for her, so when I saw this Color Jolt Pattern I knew I wanted to try it. I didn’t realized it was paper pieced until I printed out the pattern pieces. Not my strong suit, but it’s great exercise for my brain!

The chair is a crafting room casualty, lol, ignore the mess if you can.

A few in-progress shots…the first panel finished!

I later realized that either the long border on the side or the short border on the bottom is in the wrong spot. Not sure how that happened as it matched the paper pattern (obviously, I stitched right on top of it!). So, I had to swap this piece and another to get the borders to work. However, that did mess up my alignment of the lines as you can see in this pic:

Though it happened on the bottom row, too, so it might just be me, HA! The reviews said it was perfect, so I must have messed up something along the way. At least it wasn’t a total loss.

I quilted a couple of the larger leftover pieces for the back:

In the middle of this I swore I’d never attempt it again, but when I was so happy with the finished product, I might take that back. I do own the pattern after all. :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

It came out great! Well done my friend.

1 Like

So cool! You conquered the pattern!

1 Like

It looks great! Paper piecing is always so difficult, but the finished result looks very good.

1 Like

Very cool! You did a great job!

1 Like

So neatly done. Love the design.

2 Likes

That came out wonderful!!

1 Like

I think it turned out just as it was meant to! It has a scrappy feel but with themed fabrics…Love that you tackled it and won big time!

2 Likes

Thanks, all!!

This is loaded with charm!

2 Likes

I think this is great! It would look awesome in my living room! :wink: Great fabric choices! I think I may need to make something like this for my daughter.

2 Likes

If you (or anyone else) makes this pattern, let me know if you run into the same issue with block A. I’m curious to know if it’s just me!

2 Likes

I see no errors only awesomeness! Great job!

1 Like

It looks great and impossible to tell you did something differently from the original, it’s a super random pattern!

1 Like

What a gorgeous pillow! I love the pattern.

1 Like

It’s really lovely,

1 Like