Quilting Charm Bracelet

This bracelet was a special creation. The woman who requested it, had me make it for her husband’s sister, whom he just found out about, at the age of 75! His newly discovered sister is 76, and loves to quilt, and loves the color purple, so my bracelet has 17 sewing and quilting charms, along with lilac, amethyst purple, and grey Czech glass beads, and some hematite stone beads.

I used to make so many charm bracelets, but I haven’t made many lately, and this one was such a joy to work on. As a quilter myself, I loved the cute little sewing charms. (I almost swooned when I found the tiny rotary cutter!) And I have to admit, I’m a sucker for purple too, so I loved the color palette requested.

The charms include a Safety Pin, Button, Needle & Thread, Thimble, Quilt Square, Measuring Tape, Trio of Buttons, Rotary Cutter, I Love Quilting, Sewing Machine, Scissors, Sewing Machine Bobbin, Iron, and Ruler.

And a special thanks to the members of the 2021 Quilt-along, who have so inspired me lately, to pull out my fabric and quilt more. Your joyful companionship and constant good cheer have inspired jewelry making now too!

32 Likes

It’s gorgeous! All the little sewing/quilting charms are so cool!

3 Likes

This is beautiful and all those little charms just make me swoon.

3 Likes

I love how you incorporated the different charms into it. How fun! I’ll have to say that generally purple is my least favorite color, but I’m definitely drawn to this bracelet. I think it’s the way you used so many different shades combined with the hematite to play off of all of the silver in the charms makes it all work together so seamlessly that I love the purple touches! This is absolutely gorgeous!

3 Likes

The charms really make this a special, personalized piece of wearable jewelry! Just beautiful…I have missed seeing your charm bracelets…it was like playing I Spy for adults!

3 Likes

This is just gorgeous, I love the purple, your charm bracelets are awesome (wearing the HP one right now :grin:)

3 Likes

It’s gorgeous! A very special gift for a very special sister. Imagine finding out about a sibling at that age!

4 Likes

I really love this (even though I seldom wear bracelets)! I do love purple, and I like how you stuck to one color. Those charms are fabulous! Where do you find such fun charms? Whenever I do look for them, I can never seem to find them.

2 Likes

Lol. I do (or used to do) a lot of searching online for just the right charms. I have a few vendors I buy from regularly, and some are just Etsy or eBay searches that eventually proved fruitful.

2 Likes

Oh, I love this! and the story behind it is even more fabulous! Imagine finding a sibling you didn’t know about for 75 years!! I think it’s really sweet they’re starting their sibling/friendship with such a sweet gift (and you got to be part of it!) The bracelet is beautiful.

And I agree…I haven’t pulled out fabric in forever but the Quiltalong has me sewing up a storm!

5 Likes

Lovely bracelet and story!

2 Likes

I love all the quilting charms and the variation of bead colors and shapes really adds to the beauty of this bracelet! This is such a thoughtful gift. How wonderful that the brother and sister found each other after so many years, what a beautiful story!

2 Likes

You have made such a special gift for such a special circumstance! Really pretty and… charming!

2 Likes

This is amazing! I’m sure the recipient will be delighted :slightly_smiling_face: I love the quilting charms :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

:tada: Congratulations and yahoooooo! :tada:
Your sah-weet project is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

4 Likes

The bracelet is so cool. I love purple and all the sewing charms. I would have been tickled to find a rotary charm too. How neat!

1 Like

I love it and that the lady has a cool new sister-in-law to think of such a thing!

1 Like

This is just awesome, I really like it and the color of the stone is pretty good, You have done a grat job and its my most favorite color, infact I didn’t see similar on any shop. Good job., :ok_hand:

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

1 Like