Quote me on that Swap Gallery

oh my goodness - I’ve missed so many fun quotes.

@Abbeeroad - so colorful and great quote

@Cindy - wonderful quotes and love the little hoops

@geejgirl - love the mixed media quotes, nice.

@cyruiysfae - wow - you have mad lettering skills and CATS ARE NICE - beautiful artwork.

3 Likes

You guys, YOU GUYS! I came home to the most incredible, enormous package stuffed full of amazing treasures, omg.
Look, even the bubble envelope is art!

Pretty ribbon, straight into stash.

Hexie folio, I love it. The fabrics are so nice.

I got the rest of the fq, I’ll try my best not to hoard it 4evah! And my favourite chocolate & some super cool vintage mushroom decals.

My beautiful, wonderful, amazing painting. This is stunning, I’m going to have it framed. @Edel posted this quote, I love it.

Adorable mushrooms

She knows me so well.

Thank you for being my partner @jemimah , you are incredible.
Thanks for organizing @gozer, this was such a good swap.

13 Likes

Yay! I’m so happy everything got there safely!

I saw that yellow rainbow fabric and I knew you had to have something made with it. And it was a delight to paint that quote for you, I really enjoyed the process as the picture evolved :heart: :art:

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a fabulous haul. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I am always in awe of the color combinations…a surprise mix that delights!

Beautiful work, sewing and painting!

3 Likes

@jemimah That painting is incredible! Such a long quote would have intimidated me, but you handled it beautifully. All the lettering looks great. The design and layout are sublime. I especially love the moon phases at the top. Great way to personalize it with mushrooms at the bottom too. Lovely color palette. This is just amazing from head to toe.
The booklet pouch is adorable too. Love the rainbow fabric and that you sent the remnants so neatly!

3 Likes

We’d been chatting about swapping for this ridiculously long quote but look at that thing! Lol. This one is still wordy but waywaywaywayway less! :laughing:

5 Likes

That long poem as a swap quote made me think of a swap I saw in the old country that had everyone starting something and passing it around the group to be added to. I forget what the item was, but it would be an interesting challenge to have as many persons as there are stanzas and see what came of it.

7 Likes

Oh I have seen and loved this little bit:

I didn’t know it was part of a larger piece!

LOL! (Also, that is a really cool concept!)

4 Likes

It’s so good. Bit of outdated sexist language but I am going to practice calligraphy one of these days so I can make myself an updated version.

Jen, that sounds like an awesome swap. I’d only trust this group to actually send an item round & round to completion.

4 Likes

What a beautiful package! The colors are divine.

3 Likes

On another swap site, people make postcards this way and it’s called Exquisite Corpse? Or Beautiful Corpse?

And I’ve seen it done with found poetry too.

2 Likes

These are amazing!!

1 Like