R2D2 Birthday cake

My son just had a birthday, and he requested a Star Wars themed day, so I made him an R2D2 cake. At his request, itt is red velvet cake with vegan cream cheese icing (because he can’t have dairy). I baked 2 square cakes and one round cake and cut the round cake in half for R2D2s head, then cut triangles out of the bottom for he’s feet. I used sparkly Wilton piping gel for the details. He loves it, so I consider it a success.

24 Likes

I love R2D2! This turned out great! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a great cake! I’m sure your son was over the moons… the 3 moons of Tatooine, that is.

5 Likes

Adorable! No wonder it was a hit!

2 Likes

Ah! I want one for my birthday, too!

2 Likes

I consider it a success, too! How amazing! And the sparkly gel has to make it even cooler!

1 Like

What a cute idea for a cake! And sparkly gel for the win! Turned out great!

1 Like

You get tons of cool mom points for this cake, awesome looking and it sounds yummy too!

1 Like

:sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cupid: :heart_eyes: :heartpulse: Are you feeling the love? Because your lovely craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cupid: :heart_eyes: :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you everyone! It’s the first cake he’s ever actually eaten, so extra success! Cream cheese icing is harder to decorate with, but I think he just doesn’t like other types of frosting. Fortunately vegan cream cheese tastes just the same as traditional cream cheese in the frosting. I appreciate all the kind words!

1 Like

This is fabulous! I’m sure your son adored it!

1 Like

How awesome is this? Wow! I can’t show Mr jemimah, because he’ll want one for his next birthday! You did an amazing job :cake:

1 Like