Raccoon cake

Or should I say raccoon shaped cake!
The very wise @endymion suggested that if I want to life the curse of my cakes sticking to line the pans with parchment paper. I’ve never used it before and boy oh boy was I surprised when that cake lifted right out of the pan! You are a lifesaver!!!
One of my coworkers is retiring at the ripe young age of 71 and he battles raccoons in his attic to the point where it’s the running joke in the office. What better way to close out a career well spent

32 Likes

Yay for the curse being broken! This guy is adorable, what a great retirement cake.

2 Likes

This is so cute!

1 Like

Yey for the breaking of the curse! I bet your coworker is going to really get a kick out of this cake! BAHAHAHAAAAA!

1 Like

Ah, that’s so sweet.

1 Like

Ah! Great expression on this guy!!

Oh what a bittersweet thing to be curse free. Though I guess now you can say “thanks mom” with appreciation every time your cake doesn’t stick? Clearly she worked through endymion to lift it!

4 Likes

This is such a cute cake! And piping all of that would have been very hard work. My wrist aches in sympathy! Lol!

1 Like

I love that the cake is so personalized to him! I am sure everyone will get a kick out of it.
I am a huge Bob’s Burgers fan so when I see it I think Little King Trashmouth (but much cuter)! Amazing cake!!!

4 Likes

I’m glad the parchment paper trick worked for you. The raccoon is totally adorable! Your coworker is going to be so pleased. How did you add the ears?

1 Like

I took the domed parts of the cake that I cut off with the leveler, added a spoon of frosting, and kneaded it together till they made the shape I wanted. Then I froze them solid and added them while I was frosting.

Thanks again for the tip! I actually didn’t cry making this cake!

4 Likes

That is flipping adorable!

1 Like

Looks so fuzzy!

1 Like

Great job on the decoration, and congratulations on your new found knowledge in curse breaking!

1 Like

That is so cute!!

1 Like

:hole: The LC groundhog says…this project rocks! :metal: Congrats on being featured!

2 Likes

I didn’t see the title, just the thumbnail from the front page and I totally thought this was a latchhook rug! It’s SUCH a good-looking cake! Totally a furball cutie! I don’t think I could eat it.

1 Like

Thanks, friends!
He had no problem sinking his teeth into the cake!

3 Likes

Oh, haha, I just remembered that I made a raccoon valentine for my in-laws because they had problems with them getting onto their nice deck and pooping everywhere. My MIL created this trap so when they got on the stairs to go up to the deck, lawn chairs would clatter down from the top and startle the raccoons. She’d set it back up. Eventually they learned.

Trash Pandas.

2 Likes

So great!

1 Like

Great action shot! Looks like the cake was a big hit.

1 Like