Rain and windproof jacket

Hi all,

The moment I saw the rain and windproof jacket in the spring/summer edition ‘23 of Ottobre, I wanted one.

Ottobre

I bought the fabric online, it is a coated cotton. Feels smooth and is a light fabric. I bought aqua blue/green with little dots.

No zipper, it closes with push buttons (ehh right word?) and string in the end of the sleeves.

I changed the pockets a bit and added a split in the back. It is a light jacket so easy to take with me in summer or spring.

Thanks for watching :orange_heart:

15 Likes

Cute print! This looks like it will be great for the transitional seasons!

2 Likes

Yes, exactly! Thank you :orange_heart:

2 Likes

I love polka dots. It is a perfect coat for changeable weather.
Snaps? But I like push buttons. Much better description.

3 Likes

Thanks! :orange_heart: I like polkadots too.

Hahaha, it must be snaps, hahaha, I really couldn’t think of the right word. I translated it from Dutch to what it would be in English. As long as you understand, it’s okay but I do like to learn the right words.

3 Likes

I love this. You did a fantastic job. How was the fabric to work with? The polka dots are perfect for a rain jacket.

2 Likes

Really nice!! Where did you find that coated cotton? I saw it at a craft fair once but they only sold fat quarters.

Our very literal words are one of my favourite things about the Dutch language! We don’t have gloves either, we wear hand shoes! :heart:

4 Likes

It was really easy to work with. Didn’t expert that so that was a surprise!

Hahaha didn’t do so on purpose. In my mind it sounded pretty good :joy:

I bougth the fabric online, Here:
https://www.stoffen.net/gecoate-katoen

1 Like

Snazzy!

2 Likes

Thanks! And what a fun word :smiley:

1 Like

Wow! I love your sense of style, Wendie! This and the poppy jacket are just perfect!

1 Like

Thanks! :orange_heart:
The more experienced I get with fabrics and sewing patterns, the better my sewing projects turn out. :smiley:

1 Like

I love this! Awesome fabric and details. Flawless!

1 Like

Lovely jacket!

1 Like

Thank you so much :orange_heart:

The color of this is simply stunning! I adore the polka dots too!

You’re going to have a lot of amazing coats pretty soon!

1 Like

Thanks! :orange_heart: I have always loved jackets, vests and cardigans.

1 Like

Me too! That and comfortable shoes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes, shoes… different colour sneakers or my dr Martens, about all I wear. :blush:

Gorgeous execution and so beautifully done. I love your fabric choice.

1 Like