Rainbow charm baby quilt - Inspired-along challenge 2022 Entry

This is a beautiful quilt! I love the pattern and the colors. I am thinking of attempting my first quilt – is this something good for beginners?

1 Like

I think it would be! The method I use to make half-square triangles avoids sewing diagonal seams, which is a pain. Pressing the blocks and trimming them all to exactly the same size is the secret to make it look good and you don’t need to be an experienced quilter for that, you just need to know the tricks.

This is the method I used for sewing: How to Make Easy Half Square Triangle Units for Quilts Basically you just sew two seams across two squares and then cut right in the middle of the seam.

Then they have to be pressed and trimmed to size & you don’t need a special fancy quilt ruler for that. I think ?? that @Edel once posted a link to a great video tutorial for pressing the seams so the fabric doesn’t get distorted. I can’t find it anymore and I don’t know what it was called but I’ve been using that technique ever since and it has really improved my quilting.

1 Like

Karen Brown, Just Get It Done QuiltsJust Get It Done Quilts. I watched it & it changed my life too. And I went to school for fashion design!

You know what’s funny? Karen lives in my city. My friend in Ireland introduced me to a crafty neighbour!

1 Like

That’s such a great story! And the name Just Get It Done Quilts basically sums up my own quilting philosophy, too.

2 Likes

I want to meet Karen, total fangirl here

2 Likes