Rainbow charm baby quilt - Inspired-along challenge 2022 Entry

I’ve shown some pictures of this in the quiltalong already, but here it is completely finished and washed!

It’s made from a charm pack that I got from @AIMR , she very generously sent me a ton of quilting supplies last year! Plus a white charm pack and about half a yard of white.

It was easy to piece, the only downside was having to press and square up all those HST’s! Some ended up too small, so I used those for the pinwheel blocks in the corners. A happy accident because I actually really like how those turned out.

I’m not a great quilter and using a domestic machine so I kept the quilting simple.

The backing was from the discount bin at the fabric store, it’s officially not a quilting fabric but I liked the print. It was a big “last on the bolt” piece, I still have about 2 yards left after this.

I was very concerned about the yellow fabric bleeding even though it was pre-washed, so I used several colour catchers, and they all came out white. So the recipient doesn’t have to worry about when they wash it - I don’t want to saddle new mums with items that need special care.

28 Likes

It’s just so, SO lovely! What a marvelous gift.

2 Likes

Just beautiful! What a wonderful job you did making this quilt :hugs:

3 Likes

How pretty! I’m sure the recipient will love it!

3 Likes

It’s lovely, I hope you’re going to enter it in the craft-along challenge

6 Likes

Wonderful!

3 Likes

It’s so pretty, and the colors are so cheerful!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! I’m glad to say that our friend absolutely loved it! And I’m glad it went to someone who appreciates it (she’s also a maker, although a maker of other things than quilts).

5 Likes

This is so colorful and bright! Love the backing fabric. Glad to hear she loved it!

3 Likes

wow! what an amazing gift – well done!

3 Likes

So cheery and pretty! No wonder it was a hit!

3 Likes

Gorgeous! I love the front and the back is the perfect complementary fabric!

3 Likes

Its so pretty and cheerful!

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your rainbow charm baby quilt is a featured project this week!

2 Likes

Love this, it is gorgeous!

1 Like

This looks so sweet and perfect for a baby! Good choice on the pinwheels, I like how they add that extra pop of color to the corners. Also, your HSTs look great!

1 Like

Perfect use of those charms! Such a special gift…and the colors will be suitable as the baby gets older as well! The simple quilting is just enough to hold it together as well…and what a great find in the backing fabric! A neutral that will make the quilt very versatile…the corner pinwheels are genius!

2 Likes

Thanks! Good to see you here :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes