Rainbow resin trinket trays and ring holders

Resin has really become my “do for fun” craft. Sometimes I do list items just because I don’t need so many of the same thing, but mostly, I just enjoy the process and seeing how things come out. :smile:

(thumbail pic!)

I “painted” the design with mica powders and then filled the rest with a metallic black.

Same idea as above but I did it with a pearl base

And same idea here but more targeted painting of the design.

And again in pearl.

(Can you tell I got on a kick?)

Resin is always a bit of a challenge, especially things like this where you don’t know what the finished product will look like. I paint the inside, reverse of the mold first, then pour the resin on top. The first part I paint is actually the TOP of the piece, so I don’t see the front until I take it out of the mold. There’s always some surprise when doing things like this. But I find it relaxing.

(It helps to ADD THE IMAGES BEFORE you hit post. LOL)

19 Likes

These are so pretty! Are they purchased molds or did you sculpt them as well?

1 Like

No, i just purchased the molds. Im not that good at sculpting.

1 Like

Very cool! You do a great job with the mica powders.

1 Like

These are beautiful, and that cat one? (That’s the sound of my jaw hitting the ground :heart_eyes_cat:)

2 Likes

I’m becoming a fan of your resin peices, too. So pretty!

1 Like

I love to hear about makers simply enjoying the process and the results! These are super cool!

2 Likes

Those mica powders make each and every one of these look magical! So cool!

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

:heartpulse: Oh boy, OH BOY! Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! WOOHOO! :heart_hands:

1 Like

Oh man, yay! Thank you, I’m flattered! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I really like the cat one, but they are all super pretty. And I agree, they are very addicting to make!

I like using the mica powders too. I just make a mess with them :laughing:

1 Like

It’s VERY easy to make a mess with mica powders. I have been known to get a fine coating just about everywhere. LOL The key for me is using a soft paintbrush. I dip it very lightly into the mica container, and try to tap off the excess while still in the jar and then go straight to the mold. I’m not saying it works perfectly every time, but the paint brush helps to at least attempt to contain it. :smile:

1 Like

I LOVE the way you’ve done these. Also, I am a little envious that you have those. I have been a fan of their work for some time on Instagram. It’s neat to see these designs “outside”, in the real world. :grin:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, yes. Ravn Cotino makes amazing molds. I don’t want to give too much of the magic away, but the planchette mold is a collab with Let’s Resin and is actually affordable. I have drooled over the other ones on their etsy shop, but nope. Not in my budget. LOL

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Trinket trays area my favorite to make with resin as well. Yours are just GORGEOUS!!!

1 Like

Sooo pretty, I especially love the wing trays! One day I really must have a go at resin, the makes I’ve seen are always so lovely!

1 Like

That little kitten planchet makes my 80s heart happy.

1 Like