Rake Wreath

My last name is Rakes, so I have been wanting to make one of these forever. I got the broke rake head about 2 years ago. No idea where it came from. I finally got around to fixing it up. I got these flowers from the Dollar Store and twisted them around the rake. Then I got some felt with adhesive on the back and covered it so that it wouldn’t scratch up my door.

I may try to get another, bigger bow for the bottom of it. I am not good at making bows. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I am on the lookout for one more rake head to make a Christmas themed one.

18 Likes

I love it!!! So perfect!

2 Likes

I love how it looks in and of itself, but then with your name… It was always meant to be! The rake shape is also reminiscent of a cornucopia shape now that you have the narrow end filled in, so the fact that this first one is autumn themed is perfect. Yes, a whole variety of these for different seasons would be great. I can see a weaving project, too.

2 Likes

It is so pretty!

2 Likes

Cute! Great idea to but the felt on the back. It’s a really cute design.

2 Likes

I love that! Besides the play-on words with your name, the “unconventionalness” (it’s a word now! :wink:) makes it a really interesting piece.

2 Likes

That’s so great!

1 Like

Oh, I just love this! What a great way to rescue a broken rake and celebrate your name!

2 Likes

That’s great! If you find one of the heavy duty rake heads, you can mount it to hold coats and such inside, to reinforce the name theme.

2 Likes