Still experimenting with my cameo and the different ways I can accomplish the same goal, so today instead of HTV I did a freezer paper stencil cut on the Cameo, and acrylic paints with textile medium. As usual, the design is mine. This one I worked up in Photoshop off a quick sketch and imported to Studio as a PNG. Doing it that way really is so much easier.
I found that this design was almost but not quite too complicated for the freezer paper stencil method, and I did get my black base color a little soupy so it bled into a couple of the finer details, but over all, I found cutting the stencil on the Cameo to be easier than I expected. It did hang up a little in some of the zigzaggy areas, but lucky for me, the bits it boobered were all in the negative space I didn’t use.