Recovered Desk Chair

I needed a small chair on wheels for my little sewing desk. It took a while to find one without a black or chrome base. The fabric was in rough shape, with a decade or two of dust trapped in the fabric and foam, but it was an easy fix to replace the padding and fabric.

The before, partially dismantled:

And, of course, someone came to investigate whatever silly thing I was doing sitting on the floor.

26 Likes

This looks so great!

Seeing your post reminds me that I bought some upholstery fabric for a chair of my own and put it in the closet and totally forgot! I should get it out and work on mine too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It turned out really pretty!

Gorgeous!

I’ve slipcovered office chairs, but never done a full reupholster. Awesome!

Cute kitty!

What an amazing redo/rescue! I have a wheelie desk chair set aside for recovering, but I haven’t yet had the hutzpah to really tackle it… but maybe your amazing transformation will be the kick in the rear I need.

2 Likes

This is inspiring, during the lockdown years I gained a grubby office chair from work, there were many worse ones than the one i got!!!

Maybe I should consider an upholster / recover project?? Especially now, several years later when people who visit might think it’s my “grub” on the chair :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

What a beautiful upcycle!

1 Like

An “investigator” similar to yours is why I need to do the same thing! Great job!

1 Like

Thanks. Luckily, she rarely sits on it - perhaps because it’s on wheels and moves when she jumps on it.

1 Like

Thank you, There’s ‘something’ about stains on a seat that causes panic. The passenger seat in the car has a stain, which I swear is from a leaky waterbottle, I really need to clean!

Thanks. And Mimi knows she’s cute and never lets me forget it!

This chair was simple to recover - just fabric, padding, a staple gun and some upholstery tacks. I did another one that was a pain - I just need to take some photos to post.

2 Likes

What a beautiful transformation.

1 Like

Thanks you. Yesterday, I was sorting through some of my extensive fabric collection and found the rest of the fabric. And remembered I want to cover my dressmaker form with it. That’s not going to be as easy as redoing the chair. So I packed away again - out-of-sight-out-of-mind!

1 Like

This is such a fantastic upgrade from boring old office upholstery.

2 Likes

You did an amazing job and I love the placement of the flowers.

2 Likes

Beautiful job! It really looks great!

1 Like

Excellent work! I love the upholstery tacks!

1 Like

What a great upcycle! I love that you rescued such a nice wooden desk chair too, that’s really special.

Thank you. It took a long time scouring Kijiji to find it!

:rainbow: :sun_with_face: :heart: Congratulations! Your adorable recovered desk chair is a Featured Project this week! :heart: :sun_with_face: :rainbow:

1 Like