Red Glass Rosary Bracelet

This bracelet is a prototype that I was asked to make. A friend from church wants to learn to recreate a bracelet that she loves - a full five decade rosary.

It was a little tricky, getting the right materials to make it the right length and sturdy. I had to deviate slightly from the original bracelet, but still managed to keep it functional.

I’ve made up three bracelet kits for our next meeting of the Broken Rosary Club (since everyone wanted to make one, lol). I wanted to make a couple more, but I’m having trouble finding beads small enough to get the length right with big enough drill holes for the heavier beading wire (there’s a little section that requires the wire pass double through the bead).

That pretty rose opens up to reveal a Miraculous Medal.

13 Likes

Very pretty, love the color.

1 Like

So pretty, and what a wonderful way to keep the rosary always available. If you measure the beads, maybe you could find some the same size on Etsy or elsewhere on line?

1 Like

We did measure everything, but it’s just difficult finding beads and spacers the exact sizes that also have large enough drill holes to accommodate the heavier (and sturdier) beading wire. To be fair, I’ve been using my usual bead suppliers and haven’t ventured out to new shops (online or in-person).

1 Like

It is very pretty. I hope you’ll find the right beads to make more!

1 Like

Very pretty! The rose is a clever touch.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you!

This is a gorgeous rosary. I love the bracelet kind. I think I would be much more likely to use a bracelet on my arm than a traditional rosary tucked out of sight in my purse.

1 Like

Thank you!