Red Head Woodpecker Hoop

This was made for @Lynx in the IYP swap when she asked for a woodpecker hoop for her wall. What makes this one fun, is that it is kinetic.

1618267047568 1618259273824
Tug on one of these tiny hoops and it pecks the tree. Tug the other to reset the motion.

Here is the back side for how it works.1618266880826
No fancy tools, just giant a couple of oversized popsicle sticks and the bolts from the mini hoops. The idea is similar to a toy I found in an old crafting book on handmade toys.

It was a lot of fun and some problem solving. Hoopla with a twist.

32 Likes

It is so cool and such a neat idea! I love how it turned out! Thank you!

1 Like

If it starts getting loose, the screw heads are under the woodpecker. Just in case.

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

Thank you for showing the back because I could not for the life of me figure out how the mechanism worked!
The front of the hoop is just beautiful the woodpecker looks so real

3 Likes

This is awesome!!

2 Likes

You are such a fantastic creative! I love the interactive piece! On top of your stellar stitching and mixed media inclusion! Just excellent!

3 Likes

I already thought this was great, then I got to the part about the pecking action. SO. COOL!

1 Like

Very cool! Hoopla with a twist, indeed!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Here was my woodpecker pattern.

6 Likes

This is so clever :hugs:

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Red Head Woodpecker Hoop is one of this weekโ€™s featured projects. Way to go!

2 Likes

That is SO creative, and really really cute!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this so much. The fact that it moves makes me giggle. Awesome way to elevate a project!

2 Likes

I canโ€™t believe that the hoop made feature! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hopefully brings smiles.

Thanks for the wonderful words.

I have more pictures of the mechanism if anyone else wants to make their own wiggly work.

2 Likes

This is absolutely brilliant!

1 Like

This is such a cool idea, so charmingly executed! ACK!

1 Like

Congratulations! You deserve it!

1 Like