Redwood Forest

woohoo! Thank you!

An amazing work of art!
I love it.

1 Like

Gorgeous! I love the owl. I love the bear. I love everything. I agree with everyone about the hoops - incredible work. :heart:

1 Like

beautiful work!
the leaf shaped hooplas beg the question…why aren’t there more oddly shaped hooplas? they are so cool. i hope you start a trend!

2 Likes

Because you gotta make them yourself.
The shape has to be simple enough that tightening the screw pulls the entire hoop tighter. I would have loved to do something like a maple leaf, but it would have to be engineered for a specific thickness of fabric, so I settled for a simpler leaf. Anyway, you won’t find a lot of maple trees in a redwood forest. Maybe I should have done a triptych of poison oak leaves. Leaves of three, don’t touch me!

1 Like

I am absolutely in love with this project, but really appreciate you sharing about your 3D printed hoops! I have never heard of this, so will have to check it out.

Your owl is stunning, but the overall series is really incredible.

1 Like

This is SO beautiful.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Welcome to LC. Excellent first post!

Or at least first with your new ID.

There are folks who will 3D print stuff for you for a charge. If you find an item you like, check etsy, ebay, or google to find somebody. Tell them to print with 100% fill for extra strength.