Refashioned Shoes & Boots

Two easy footwear refashions. Used a utility knife to cut open the toes and cut off the ends, then sanded the edges smooth. Some E6000 to close leather, held closed with a few clothes pins.

My first attempt to make open-toed footwear. They were in rather poor shape, so they became the trial pair if I wasn’t happy with the result (and I wasn’t…)

The before

This was the pair I didn’t want to screw up…

The before:

The ‘dent’ across the toes - less obvious in the photo - combined with the stretched-out width, gave the toes a weird bulge. (I guess the original owner also had very wide feet.) So they ended up in a thrift store for $7 - the only way I could ever afford Ferragamo shoes and I had a plan to make them look less odd…

12 Likes

I wouldn’t want to screw up Ferragamos either! I think the open toe worked out. Were you just tired of them? They looked in good shape in the before picture.

1 Like

Wow! Never would have thought to do this; they look nice after the refashion.

1 Like

That is cool. Never thought of making changes too shoes like that!

2 Likes

They were in good shape except for the weird ‘dent’ across the toe - not as obvious in the photo - which is probably why they were in a thrift store. I hoped making them open-toed would make it less obvious. Since the price was $7, I’d thought I’d give it a try. (I guess Ferragamo isn’t well known here, or at least by the person doing the pricing.)

2 Likes

Cute! There look like they came that way! Great job!!!

1 Like

The shoes turned out great!

1 Like

Thanks!

I looked up Ferragamo shoes. Whoa. :astonished:
You’re right, those had a weird bulbous toe. I hope they are more comfy for you!

2 Likes