"Reinicles" or One Craft for my Stamp Obsession

I make it no secret that I like postage stamps… I have… a few :sweat_smile: Well sometime around last year I started using postage stamps to make these scrappy bookmark-ish things. One of the women in my crafting group dubbed them “Reinicles” (a play on my name, Reinikka, and the word “icicle”). I haven’t seen them done anywhere else but if there is a different name for them I would be happy to know :upside_down_face:

I start with a strip of cardstock as wide as the stamp then cover it with scrap papers, washi tape, etc. keeping the postage stamp near the top as a focal point. Here they are:

F8A2DC2C-751E-4EAB-94FC-FB0DB58AB820

Thanks for looking :kissing_heart:

22 Likes

What a wonderful way to highlight the art of the postage stamps while also making your own artful creations!

1 Like

I may have to try this. These seem like they could be good tuck spots in journals as well…

2 Likes

I like the name! And, these are a good way to show off your stamps as well as use up scraps!

1 Like

Love the love stamp one! And the frog! And the apples (wait, pears?)! And and and …

1 Like

What a great idea to use the postage stamps this way! Great bookmarks!

1 Like

I think the name is perfect! These are really creative. What a fun way of using stamps!

1 Like

Those are great! So much colour & texture, pretty!

1 Like

So fun! I love that you have a custom name for your technique!

1 Like

This is such a great way to show off fun stamps!

1 Like

These are so vibrant and cool. I love bookmarks too. The second one (the rabbit) is my favorite.

2 Likes

These are so pretty and such a clever idea! It looks like a great way to enjoy cute stickers as well. I’m inspired to try making some bookmarks like this too, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

These are the epitome of scraptastic! What gorgeous little works of art.

1 Like

Please tell me you’re going to join the Shop the Swap Fall 2023 Edition Swap! Because I need those in my life. I love postage stamps, too! I’ve been collecting them for a long time, off and on, until it became more of an obsession. It started with the Christmas Winter Knits postage stamps. I swore they were in the 90s, but it says 2006. They are still my favorite set.
I have duplicates of some from the last five years or so if you need more! :smile:
ETA: It’s probably more than five because of the time-sink that was COVID years.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’ll have time to play in the Shop the Swap this year but it’s good to have an idea of what would “sell” :heart:

2 Likes