Resin Mononoke

I made this resin piece from a silicone mold. I dont know what to do with it, but it turned out great and I plan to make more, maybe some keychains or zipper pulls
Its white resin and I added black paint to the groves

15 Likes

That’s pretty cool! How big is it?

2 Likes

Cool! This would make great zipper pulls!

2 Likes

It turned out great! How does the flat resin compare to ShrinkyDink?

2 Likes

Super cool! You got great detail.

2 Likes

Did you draw it and pour resin over it? Sorry, I am not familiar with how you do it, can you explain more. It looks super cool!

1 Like

This is lovely! Did you design the mold? Love this interpretation of the mononoke hime!

1 Like

Thank you, its about 3 in tall

Thank you, no I bought it from an Etsy shop called Nheria

1 Like

Its a mold, like an ice cube try that you pour liquid plastic in and it hardens😊

I dont think they really compare I havent used much shrinky dink though. Definitely feels stronger and is thicker

1 Like

I’m sure the resin would be sturdier (although I think Shrinky Dink has an ultra-thick version that I have never tried).

I really wondered more about how the processes compared. Do you buy the resin mold with the design already in it, and then just pour the resin? I haven’t seen those type of molds around here; do you order them online? … or make them yourself somehow…? Just curious! I love learning about products and techniques, and you got a very attractive result!

1 Like

Thank you, I bought the mold online, there are a ton of small shops. But to start out go look at Sophie and Toffee, they have subscription boxes that are a good intro and include everything in the box to start. They also have lots of videos and instructions using the specific box products. Instagram has a ton of people sharing as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for that site! It reminds me a lot of Alpha Stamps, only resin-oriented rather than papercraft.

1 Like