Revamped Spring Bottle Brush Tree Decoration

I had made a bottle brush tree decoration in a different vessel a few years ago, but since that time I have decided to collect this particular hobbyist ceramic piece - a rabbit mug by a company called Jamar Mallory in the 1950s. So I pulled the tree out, added more to it, and put it in this little chick planter.

So here are a bunch of pics, because I find the more-embellished tree and the little chick planter sitting in the snow under the bright blue Montana sky ever-so charming.

11 Likes

So freakin’ cute!

1 Like

Sweet and somewhat Suessian, with that shaggy pompom on top

2 Likes

So fun and quirky! Where in the world did you find all those little rabbits?

1 Like

THanks, friends!

If you mean the plastic ones then they came in a box of wee whimsies I picked up at a yard sale!

1 Like

Yaaasssss - I thought “somehow feels like the Whos in Whoville had a hand in it”

Love!

1 Like

Super cute.

But look at that view!

1 Like

Thanks, y’all!

I got a bit of luck there as one of the last bits of clean snow that had sun on it when I went out to get pics had that background!

are the foil-wrapped balls candy, or did you repurpose candy foil, or did you find balls that look like that? cut touch!

They are so cute and nostalgic.

Thanks, pals!

@steiconi All of the non-pom balls are foam and coated with glitter, beads, or some other plastic-y substance and were originally sold during xmas for decorating (I removed hangers) or were clipped off of floral picks.

2 Likes

Then it is really cool how much some look like foil-covered mini chocolate eggs!

1 Like

I never even noticed that AND I will probably have to save foil now… :roll_eyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They are so adorable! What a fun idea.

Thank you!

How cute! The right touch of spring whimsy!

Thank you!