Reversible yarn bag for travel crafting

I’ve had this on my list to make for myself for a while now. I meant to do something else today but I had this cut out and it told me it wanted to be finished so I listened.

It’s got lots of divided pockets for all sorts of crochet hooks and knitting needles (in case I actually learn to knit one of these days).

And it’s fully reversible! I can’t choose a favourite side, what do you think?

The fabric was a sheet, really stiff high thread count. The green planets were the top border. I’ve been trying to use it up but there is still so much fabric!

17 Likes

That fabric is so cute! Love the bag, it looks great and I can see why you’re challenged to pick a favorite side.

PS that fabric would make awesome pajamas!!

2 Likes

Hahaha! “In case I actually learn how to knit one of these days.”

I like the lighter side because I’m attracted to the pocket with the single planet on it. But it would be harder to hide any dust or stains, I suppose.

2 Likes

I promise I’m not going to be rubbing it in the dirt or leaving it on the ground, lol. It’s just a small over the forearm project bag for making on the go, I often crochet while in the bank line, walking, etc. I found this free tutorial that’s a bit different than my pattern or construction but pretty simple if anybody wants to try it.

@Bunny1kenobi there isn’t enough fabric left to make PJs but I did start out with enough, it was at least a queen sized sheet!

1 Like

And, you win the prize for Creative Ways to Use a Bedsheet! I love the green planet side! And, pockets = :heart:!

I have a couple of project bags, but mostly use them for car travel. I could use something a little more portable for the random times. Thanks for sharing the tutorial link!

3 Likes

So so cute! I love the cheerfulness, plus being reversible is awesome.

1 Like

Nice job! I like the fabric you used. It is perfect for traveling and crafting.

1 Like

So cool! I love the planets and stars fabric and all the divided pockets you added.

1 Like

This fabric is stellar!

1 Like

I just looked at the tutorial and I like yours better! Yours is less chunky, so I think I will (eventually) try to modify the pattern.

1 Like

I could make a tutorial if anybody is interested? I sewed mine completely different from the one I linked, that one is constructed like a vest with the strap overly complex, it can be done so much easier than that.

1 Like

I would love a tutorial! But, I know you’re busy with other more pressing projects, so I don’t mind waiting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wanted to make another one slightly altered. As great as lots of pockets are, I can see ways to improve now that the first attempt is constructed. Besides, sewing keeps me sane!

1 Like

Love the fabrics. Beautifully done friend.

1 Like