Ribbon Heart Galentine's Day Cards

I made these cards for the Galentine’s Day swap, and I sent along a few extra. At first I was going to do a drawing on the front, but decided to try to create something a little different this time around. I always draw when I make cards. So, I took some ribbon and sewed it into a heart shape. It’s kind of a hybrid embroidery card.

I made origami heart bookmarks, and two coloring pages to go inside. I am not that skilled at origami so I used the remaining origami papers as the backgrounds for the notecards. It’s the only way it will get used and I am not trying to add anything else to my stash.

13 Likes

I love these! They made me think of Victorian-era valentines with loads of ribbons and lace, only a more elegant take. They’re so tactile.

1 Like

The ribbon cards are so pretty! They seem both Modern and Victorian. The origami hearts look super cute, too!

1 Like

Love the origami hearts as well as the ribbon cards! The ribbon gives them sweetness, but the Asian backgrounds elevate them and give them modernity so they don’t look too sentimental. Mine is proudly displayed in my craft studio.

1 Like

Pretty!
What a cool idea…. Have never seen anything like this heart embroidery

1 Like

I kind of just made it up when i realized actually embroidering each of them would take forever.

These came out so pretty! Love the variety of backgrounds.

1 Like

So pretty! I have mine hanging on my wall in my office. :heart:

1 Like