Ridiculous recipe book

I had so much fun making this recipe book for Mel in the 12 Days of Christmas swap. I definitely intended to make more pages but ran out of time! :joy:

It started as an idea to just make a recipe book with funny commentary, to use up a bunch of journaling cards. But as usual, I got carried away.

It was late when I finished this and I was just about to wrap it up on my messy craft room floor, so the photos aren’t excellent but I think they capture the vibe!

31 Likes

What a ridiculously fun cookbook! There is so much great stuff in here…and then there are recipes on top of it all! This is the type of cookbook guaranteed to bring a smile whether one is just flipping through, or creating the recipes. You did an excellent job all around!

2 Likes

Fun and creative!

Love the mix of fun quotes, pictures, stories and recipes!

2 Likes

This is hilariously awesome!!! I love all the details. You really went all out!

2 Likes

This is glorious! I am normally not big on the whole mid-century snark thing, but this is the perfect use for the style.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed going through all the magazine pages I’d been saving for cards and things, and finding recipes to pair them with. I kinda want to make one for myself now!

2 Likes

Man, that’s so awesome. Imma make your coconut curry, thanks for showing the whole recipe :yum:

2 Likes

This is soooooo amazing! How cool!

2 Likes

if i had to choose between that ornament and this cookbook as What The Favourite Thing @fluffypants made me, i dont know if i could pick. i DO love my snark!! but i will say, the effort and sheer loveliness of THIS thing def gave me all the feels. so much effort and so very loved and appreciated!!

on another note. that’s pretty much the recipe i use for lemonade!! tastes great with vodka, if you must!!

1 Like

@magpie definitely a fave with rice and some roasted peppers!

@mel I honestly had such a debate trying to decide which one for day 11 and which one for day 12. I liked them both equally! And if I am ever inspired, you just may find more pages in your mailbox, haha.

I’m tucking that lemonade info away for the summer! I also love to stir in a bit of homemade raspberry sauce.

1 Like

the other recipe that gave me a bit of a lolz was the apple pancake - i almost sent you a recipe for one too!!

1 Like

This is fantastic! what a great idea!

1 Like

What a super fun cookbook!

1 Like

This really just is all the things! It must be a hoot to sit with an really explore.

1 Like

I love it, so much mixed-media. The colors are so bright and fun.

1 Like

This might be the most clever cook book I’ve ever seen! I love it! And I may have to steal this idea at some point….!

1 Like

:rotating_light: Wee-oo wee-woo! :rotating_light:
:dizzy: Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :dizzy:
:trophy: Congratulations! :1st_place_medal:

2 Likes

Congrats; well-deserved! I was thinking of stealing the idea, too. A long time ago, I had started making a recipe book with hand-decorated pages, but I think I only finished two pages before giving it up. It took SOO long!

I am now thinking I could go for humor instead of (questionable) beauty. And collage instead of intricate line drawing. I so LOVE your project!

3 Likes

This is hysterical and awesome!

1 Like

I might even cook if i had a cookbook this cool!

2 Likes