Rocks for Front Yards

My family and I painted some rocks for another family with kids who loved to play in their front yard. We decided to paint some rocks for them to give them something fun to look for during all this virus craziness.

Mine were the red and green dinosaurs, the monkey, the basketball and baseball, and the scene with two dragons flying over the mountains.

My wife did the seahorse and sea turtle and my sister’s and Mom did the rest.

I hadn’t painted rocks in so long. Guys, if you haven’t either, drop what you’re doing and go paint a rock! It’s so relaxing and so fun. And if you give them away, it’s even better!

17 Likes

Those are all really really good. This was very thoughtful of your family.

2 Likes

Well thanks!

1 Like

How fun! Looks like you guys had a ball!

2 Likes

What a fun idea! I bet the neighbor kids will love them. So your wife is an artist, too?
I just happen to have a huge pile of river rock in the front yard…

2 Likes

They are all so fun. The landscape with the two dragons in the sky is my favorite. Your neighbor kids are going to have a blast once they notice them. I’m imagining a quasi Easter egg hunt to see them all.

3 Likes

The speckled multi-google eyed creation is my ultimate fave, love it!
We found a painted rock in our front garden during lock-down, neighbour’s children my daughter usually babysits were missing her & hid it there. Such a special treasure :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have been on the trails in the area and at random you’ll see a painted rock along the way. Most have inspirational quotes, but there was one that had googly eyes.

I like your mountain one, but I’m a little biased because I live by the Rocky Mountains :slight_smile: And, yes, some evenings they really do look purple.

1 Like

They are ALLL so great!

1 Like

I love painted rocks! And really appreciate all the dinos and dragons!

1 Like