Root Beer Float Cupcakes

Next up on the cupcake train is Root Beer Float Cupcakes.

I couldn’t find root beer extract or concentrate while I was getting groceries (my first grocery trip since Spring Break), so I got the Soda Stream root beer flavoring figuring it should work ok. It seemed to!

We got A&W root beer for these.

The frosting reviews said if you add too much root beer it will affect the consistency of the frosting. I was careful. Approximately 1/4 cup was ok, but upping to 1/2 cup seemed too much, so I added back in another 1/2 cup powdered sugar. I put it in fridge to harden a bit.

I don’t have any piping tools or bags anymore. I used to decorate my kids cakes when they were really little, but have since stopped trying or doing when they lost interest in cake. So, I just used a Ziploc bag with a small cut in the corner.

No maraschino cherries on top, but there were cherries at the store.

Takeaway? The Soda Stream flavor worked fine. The frosting has much more flavor than the cupcakes, but they were a hit.

12 Likes

That sounds and looks so good! Is the concentration of the soda stream flavor kind of like shaved ice syrup?

1 Like

I don’t know. It’s pretty thick and syrupy.

I think the purpose was flavor more than anything, so it probably would be ok, I’d think?

1 Like

That soda mix hack is brilliant. Needs must!

2 Likes

They sound delicious!

2 Likes

These sound amazing!

1 Like

Mmmm, root beer! :heart:

1 Like

YUM! I have been craving a real bitey root beer lately and I just can’t find one here. Maybe something like this could get me past my craving.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s partially why we went with A&W instead of Mug.

That makes me wonder how these would be with an adult root beer? Hmmm.

1 Like

Oh! Yeah, that might be the ticket for me! I wish I could even get a Barq’s.

3 Likes

Root beer cuppycakes! Omigosh how delicious!

1 Like

My husband would love these.

1 Like

My son would probably be the one to go nuts for these in my household. He loves all things root beer!

1 Like