Rose Water

I work with herbs a lot and yesterday learned how to make rose water for use as a toner, astringent, redness and inflammation reducer, and it helps maintain the skins pH levels. It’s a great cleanser and is gentler than anything with added chemicals :+1:t2: also it’s pretty cheap and easy lol

You add one part dried rose buds and petals to two parts water and simmer until the roses lose all of their color.

Then you just cool, strain, and bottle. I’ve read it’s good up til a year but it never lasts that long :rofl:

18 Likes

I love rose water. I may need to try to make some.

2 Likes

Sounds delightful! Can it just be kept at room temperature?

2 Likes

Maybe someday I’ll have enough roses to do this!

2 Likes

Oh I need this! I love spritzing chilled rose water on my skin during the summer months. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I love using rose water but I had no idea it was so easy to make. :rose:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tutorial! I’ll have to try this.

3 Likes

It sure can :+1:t2: some place dark and cooler would be better, mine is just in my bathroom closet.

I order mine online since I make a bunch of different things. I ordered a pound this time.

Me neither! I’m so glad it turned out so easy.

4 Likes

Oh, I use rose water all the time! This is so cool, I am excited about making my own. How cool!

2 Likes

I hope you do! If so, let me know how it turns out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job! It’s really interesting seeing what people can do with such special ingredients.

2 Likes

I love rosewater too, great job :+1:t3:

2 Likes

This sounds like such a great DIY beauty product! I had no idea you could by dried roses. Would this rose water also be good to use for cooking and cocktail recipes that call for rose water?

1 Like

Looks easy to make as well as beneficial