Roses Bouquet Mini Cake

For my second half of the frosting batch I made a few days ago, I practiced roses. This is a tiny six inch single layer cake. Technically there are basic roses, rosebuds, and Leonora roses there in two colors. The dark pink turned out way darker than I was wanting after the colorant developed overnight, but oh well. In person it’s almost brown-not bad at all, but not was I was going for. It photographs a lot brighter! I’m happy with my progress, though, so I think that’s what ultimately counts. Happy early Valentine’s day, all!

16 Likes

WoW :heart_eyes:
The amount of talent you have is awesome.:heart_eyes:
Your work is absolutely stunning :smile:

2 Likes

gorgeous!

I love the kind of scalloped edge on the petals; is that something that happens when you roll it out so thin, or do you use a cutter that does that?
I’m assuming each petal is rolled, then applied, am I wrong?

2 Likes

Gorgeous!
I’m pretty sure this is piped. Such talent, I could never do it this well.

2 Likes

Beautiful roses!

3 Likes

So delicately pretty!

2 Likes

Beautiful … hard to believe they are frosting.

2 Likes

Hi! This is piped buttercream. The tips I use make the edges super thin (I use gg cakraft brand, but Wilton and ateco make “Korean” tips that are similar in style). It was colder than normal in my house when I was making them, so the edges were raggedy-er than normal (which I actually like!).

2 Likes

Stunning! They look real!

2 Likes

wow! thanks for 'splaining. I love the raggedy edges, too.

2 Likes

It may look brown in person, but the dark pink ones look incredible in the picture. It all looks incredible, but those are super pretty. I thought these were real in the thimbnail.

1 Like

Talk about talent! You’re amazing!

1 Like