Round 4 Swap Ideas

The chunky houses are super fun! I pinned almost everything from the Cster swaps here

6 Likes

The spooky barn one is AMAZING!
Can chunky houses be mailed as flat mail? Or do they have to have a lot of ‘chunk’?

1 Like

It depends on how thick yours is. I’ve seen them mailed in a manila envelope, but I think most are mailed in a padded envelope so you can have tracking.

2 Likes

I would like to host an ATC Address Book swap / Pen Pal swap
Signup time would be about four weeks.
Craft time would be two weeks.

Partners would make and ATC with their mailing address on one side and some chosen facts about them on the other. Because this would be for only one partner I would also require everyone to hand write a letter that can be about anything they want (introduction, favorite crafts, weather report, whatever). With bonus points for handmade/altered stationary.

You don’t have to be a paper crafter to join this one! The ATC is more informational than displayable :wink: Dress it up a little with pretty paper, cutouts, or doodles but it should be easy peasy for anyone! :grin: There is no long term commitment to becoming pen pals but it’s extra fun if you do :kissing_heart:

When we did this before it was the senders responsibility to post pictures so they could choose the amount of information that is shared online. I think most of us blurred/covered addresses.

6 Likes

Looking forward to the poll!! :hugs:

2 Likes

The poll is up! Thanks to @gozer for helping me gather the info.

7 Likes

FYI if you voted within the past 30 minutes, please vote again. I just found out that if you edit a poll (even just change the wording) it completely wipes out the votes and starts over. This will be good for future reference. LOL!

3 Likes

LOL! I’ve actually voted three times already now, so I’m hoping the third time is a charm!

1 Like

I know, I did too. Sorry about that. :confused:

1 Like

Voted for six of them! So excited for more swaps (since I’ve finished all the ones I’m in now)! XD

2 Likes

@irid3sc3nt - I seem to recall a 3D version of Halloween Chunky Houses? If this wins, would you consider adding an option for flat OR 3D in the Q?

I’ve never done the chunky house, but it’s speaking to me now. I would love a crazy wonky, 3D house! Or a personal swap for one!

@JoyfulClover & @irid3sc3nt No one officially said they would host a Halloween Chunky House swap. There was lots of talk about this type of swap but only @Bunny1kenobi officially volunteered so that it was clear to me. I believe what you are looking for would be called a Mini room box swap.

The poll has a listing for Chunky House swap and Mini-Room box swap?

I assumed chunky house was this one from @irid3sc3nt?

Maybe I don’t know. I don’t want to make this more confusing.

Me niether. Nevermind me. There is a Chunky House on there. I guess either one could work.

From my understanding there is a chunky house Halloween swap and then the mini book swap is a separate thing altogether. You can choose both to be on the safe side. I cannot change the poll of it will wipe out all the voting.

1 Like

If they are the same thing and if both get picked, we can roll them in together. Easy peasy fix. @irid3sc3nt- are they the same?

1 Like

I see some that I made and some that I own!

1 Like

Chunky house = “Houses should measure between 3 to 4 inches wide and no taller than 7inches. Decorate them front and back with emphasis on embellishment. Please use material such as paperboard, matboard, wood, layered cardstock, or foamcore. It needs to stand without flopping over.”

Here’s a link to the gallery that I saved on my Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/irid3sc3nt/halloween/chunky-houses-halloween-edition-swap-gallery/

And, yes, I will organize it once my last few items from last months swaps have been received.

And, yes yes, I saved the swap starter info for my records. :grin:

1 Like

To answer the question- not typically the same thing. Chunky houses are usually a decorated house-shaped block. The mini rooms are actually rooms. I did this one in one of the swaps I was referencing:

At least one of the walls or floor had to be ATC sized. Not a great pic but it’s the best I could do, sadly.

6 Likes

I think it’s incredible!

1 Like