Rubber Chicken Layette Set - ART 2020 Q1 Challenge Entry

The swaddling blanket is 7” square and the sleep sack is 4” long. That’s at least 1:6 scale or smaller and it’s for a rubber chicken …

For 15+ years my hubby and I have been exchanging a rubber chicken with friends. It started when I took it to a Christmas gift exchange and our friend Bruce got it. He slipped it into my coat pocket that night and I discovered it two days later. I returned it to his coat pocket a few weeks later at church and the fun began. Sometimes there has been over a year between exchanges. It’s been mailed from many destinations, hidden inside caramel corn, wrapped inside other gifts and once, I froze it in a block of ice and had our friend’s daughter stick it in their freezer.

Our friends became grandparents recently so we decided it was time for the chicken to go back to them. My generation used blankets to swaddle our babies but this generation mainly uses sleep sacks so I made both for the chicken.

22 Likes

ha ha This is so funny! I am betting you are going to get it back again someday but it seems your friends will enjoy it for a bit!

2 Likes

Every time we give it to them we wonder if it will stop but, so far it hasn’t. So much fun!

1 Like

That is such a funny game!

I love your entry. So cute.

1 Like

Ha! So funny!

1 Like

This is the most marvelously ridiculous thing! This is exactly what I needed to see after a day of nationwide panic. I know your friends will adore your creations.

2 Likes

What a fun and funny tradition! The chicken looks very cozy.

1 Like

This makes me LAUGH!!! All the fun chicken swapping things! And a layette is wonderful!

1 Like

This is hilarious. I love the ongoing prank, the stories, and this craft to go along with it! Thank you for sharing and thank you for entering the challenge!

1 Like

It’s a silly entry but I’m glad so many are getting a laugh from it :joy:

These are the BEST kind of friends! What a great story! And what a fun addition to this contest!

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

The backstory of the chicken is hilarious XD love it. And the swaddling set is really cute :smiley:

1 Like

Too funny! And why not make a rubber chicken cozy, I say. We can use some laughter this year.

1 Like