Ruby Red Panda

This was by far the most complicated of the creatures so far. Cynthia Treen started a Patreon page and walked us through this one bit by bit. I learned a bunch of new techniques! The ears, the fluffing, the tail, the whiskers, and the color fade to the back were all new to me.

Ruby is a fancy city lady and she is excited to visit her cousin, Roxy Raccoon. Roxy is secretly hoping Ruby moves here and stays so they can hang out more.

Sorry for the fuzzy photos. It was cold out and this is what I was dealing with.

Pandy actually ran off with her once. :roll_eyes: But all is well now.
I am not a fan of sewing with black felt. It shows too much lent and is nearly impossible to photograph, but with this pattern, there was no getting around it.

When I made her, she looked kind of plain so I made up the pattern for the purse. I couldn’t put too many clothes on her because I didn’t want to cover up how unique her body was, but she needed something. Kwalty570’s scarf was the perfect accessory! Perfect color, size, everything!
Thanks for checking her out! She’s kind of a Diva so she likes it. :rofl:
Also, I ended up doing the head twice. The first one just didn’t look right. The eyes were too far apart.

26 Likes

Ruby is adorable, and so are your helpers (or…“helpers”?)! :heart:

3 Likes

Sooo cool! I’d love to see a picture of all of your little friends together one day :slight_smile::crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

So cute!! :blush:

2 Likes

Loving your growing collection of friends…nice to see you branch out and try new things…your little details are so cute…those boots and bag!

2 Likes

A red panda! I always loved seeing those at the zoo. Ruby is very cute and definitely fancy!

2 Likes

Ruby is adorable!!! And that purse…! She looks great in green and purple!

It’s so fun to learn new things. Especially in a medium that you clearly enjoy so much! She turned out perfect!

1 Like

Ruby is so sweet and adorable. Well done.

2 Likes

She’s adorable so chic! I love how her little green boots n’ scarf outfit that bring out the red in her panda!

2 Likes

She is sooooo cute. The little purse is the perfect touch! OH, her little boots are adorable too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Her little boots!!! So perfect!

1 Like

Ahhhhhh I love her! Red pandas are one of my favorite animals. :heart:

1 Like

She is gorgeous!! Amazing work, so much sweet personality!

1 Like

Thank you for the scarves! The green one was the perfect color for Ruby.

1 Like

This is adorable.

2 Likes