Ruby-throated hummingbird collection

I drew these sweet ruby-throated hummingbirds for a bird atc swap on another site. I used Staedtler triplus fineliner markers on (I know, I know) watercolor paper.

(And yes, I have seen hummers as fat as my jolly guy here just before they left for the winter.)
Thanks for looking!

16 Likes

They are cute! I don’t draw often and I love seeing other people’s drawings. Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

2 Likes

You always use up the space so well, Lynx!

Do you sketch in pencil first, or straight up bold pen directly on paper??

And my mom loves hummingbirds. She repeatedly tells me (in case I forget), so if I see them, I will think of her.

2 Likes

I don’t draw much because I am not strong at it, but I used pencil first then marker.

1 Like

Bold, you are.

Also, keep drawing! Do.It. (I’ve got 90x topics if you run out not-sly-wink)

1 Like

More Ferengi? Hehe

2 Likes

You did a great job! Keep it up!

2 Likes

You’re a mind reader! Look at you, picking up what I am putting down! And DS9 is my JIMMITY JAM!

I’d swap you back, Lynx!

2 Likes

Let’s do it!

2 Likes

For reals? I will PM you!

2 Likes

Aww, these are very sweet! Great job! :green_heart: :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hummingbird love! The colors are so pretty. Nice job!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Lovely hummdingers!

1 Like

Nice job! Birds drawings get my love.

1 Like

I use watercolor paper for a lot of stuff that isn’t watercolor!

Great ATCs!

These are cute, and fat hummingbirds? I had to google that and that was fun XD And who cares what kind of paper you used, I just made recipe cards and used watercolour paper, because I don’t want to go searching for some other paper that works. And unless you use watercolour paper to print out something that will be thrown right away then just go ahead and use it for what you just did, art :smiley: