Rustic MILLE Cardigan

It took four months, but I finally finished my first knit cardigan!

The pattern is MILLE by Regina Moessmer. This style cardigan is so classic. Of course, I messed up a few things. The V-neck should be deeper, but the other problems are only noticeable from the inside (the pocket linings are too narrow, and had to be widened with a few rows of crochet).

I used KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, paired with a lace weight silk/alpaca blend. The finished fabric is solid, drapey, rustic and a little luxe. It weighs almost two pounds, and is so warm. Despite the mistakes, it does fit comfortably and I’m sure it’ll be my new favorite cardigan when it gets cold enough to wear it.

28 Likes

Absolutely beautiful my friend!

1 Like

Look at that beautiful thang!

1 Like

Thank you!

Gorgeous. Seriously yummy, I love it.

1 Like

It looks so soft and cozy! I am in awe of how you can take yarn and turn it into this. I mean you have literally transformed string into a sweater :exploding_head:. Beautiful work!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m already planning my next cardigan. I have my Christmas knitting to finish up before I can start, though.

3 Likes

Lovely job! It looks absolutely scrumptious and perfect to me!

1 Like

It looks perfect for snuggling! Amazing that it is your first; looks totally pro to me.

2 Likes

Thank you!

It’s really a well-written pattern, and very beginner-friendly. My eyes just wanted to keep skipping over instructions, apparently (ADHD…I struggle with this). I will definitely be making this sweater again in other colors. There’s also a men’s version of the pattern that I’ll probably make for my DH - Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) wore a black tweed version of this sweater in Christmas Vacation, and I know DH would get a kick out of that.

4 Likes

This is so cozy and comfy looking. A classic and so finely made!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

It looks great! I still have to give knitting a sweater a go.

1 Like

It looks great, and very cosy as well.

1 Like

This is gorgeous!
I am impressed with the neck & button band…. Picking up stitches is a nemesis of mine

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

It’s beautiful! I can’t believe it’s your first cardigan - amazing work. I imagine it must be so warm and cozy!

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve crocheted a couple cardigans, so the construction wasn’t wholly unfamiliar. But, this did require a LOT of purling.

It came out perfect. I know I said it elsewhere but I love that collar! So cozy!

1 Like

Thank you! I love a tall, comfy collar on a sweater - it keeps you warmer.

1 Like