Sailboat Baby Quilt

This is my first time posting on LettuceCraft, at the urging of my daughter CraftADDchick.
I found a jelly roll of nautical prints, and I needed to make a baby blanket. I saw a picture online of this quilt, but it did not have a pattern, so I winged it. I used some of my stash of red, white, and blue to make the sailboat blocks. It was fun to make, and it is a “humble” quilt .

39 Likes

the colors! SWOOOON!!!
This is a lovely pattern, you knocked it out of the park!

2 Likes

So pretty! You did an amazing job. Thank you for posting!

2 Likes

Welcome @Mumscrafts! The quilt is really pretty, I love the striped border.

2 Likes

It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

I absolutely love the colors you chose. It is so sweet.

2 Likes

What a gorgeous baby quilt! Kudos for being able to nail it without a pattern :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh this is great! And I covet that sea gull fabric… :wink:

2 Likes

This is adorable!

2 Likes

I’m glad she urged you to post, this is beautiful! I love all the colors and it came out great for just winging it!

5 Likes

You should continue to listen to your daughter! This is so adorable. I love the colorway and the sailboats are adorable. It’s a beautiful quilt. I hope to see you on here more often!!

5 Likes

Amazing! Wish my “wing it” projects came out this nice!

3 Likes

Winging it?! You’re amazing!

1 Like

It turned out great.

1 Like

It’s so nice to have you sharing your project here! Welcome! This is really pretty! I remember @craftADDchick posting the sailboat block. It’s nice to see the completed project. It really turned out nicely.

3 Likes

It really did come out great! The color palette is so fun and the nautical prints are the perfect complement to the sail boats. I really like the jaunty striped binding, too. I’m sure it will be well loved!

3 Likes

This quilt is just so happy! I love the color combos and the stair step blocks. And, of course, the fleet of little sailboats!

1 Like

Thank you for the nice compliments. I enjoyed making this quilt, and I am already starting on the next one.

3 Likes

Congrats! Your Sailboat Baby Quilt is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

3 Likes

Thank you! I am honored that my quilt was chosen!
Looking forward to posting more projects that I do, most of which I wing.

3 Likes