Santa Gnome

Last year, a friend and I took a class at a local pottery studio and made sets of pottery trees. This year, we each made a Santa gnome! It stands about 12" tall. We were hoping to each make a smaller one, as well, but we ran out of time. During the class, I made the form, and after the class was over, the instructor added the glazes.

23 Likes

How fun! I do so love a gnome.

1 Like

What a fun activity to do with a friend! I like all the texture you created in his beard and mustache.

3 Likes

Thanks! And, I’m turning into a bit of a gnome fan myself. It sort of snuck up on me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Those are supposed to be eyebrows, but my sister also thought it was a mustache, and he was sticking out his tongue. It looks a bit more like a nose in person, but adding eyes might have helped :smile:

4 Likes

Eyebrows make so much more sense now that I’m actually paying attention to the placement, lol.

4 Likes

Super cute! Great whiskers. I think the whole point of these gnomes is a mass of hair so large you can’t quite tell where the facial features should be. Eyebrows, mustache… it all merges into one fluff of hair anyway!

3 Likes

I thought eyebrows and nose, but now I can’t unsee the moustache and tongue!

Great gnome! The hair (whatever type it may be) texture is very cool and I love the tall hat!

1 Like

This guy looks both like a he’d be down for a cuddle (even if ceramic isn’t exactly cuddly) and be a stalwart pal.

1 Like

We had the option to add a mustache, but I opted not to. If I do it again next year, I might!

And, he’s still packed away… I’m not decorating this year. But, he’ll definitely have a special spot next year!

1 Like

This is so adorable!

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

Thank you! I saw a mini one when we arrived at the studio (someone was purchasing it), and it was even cuter! I hope that next year I can make a couple of smaller ones.

1 Like

:snowflake: :sparkles: Congratulations! This fantastic project has brightened our winter days as a feature this week! :sparkles: :snowflake:

Oh! Thank you! I’ll be sure to tell him about his honor :smile: