Santa's Sack Swap

I have an idea for another Christmas swap. I’ll plan on posting it closer to October but wanted to give people a head’s up.

Santa’s Sack Swap

• make your partner 1 reusable gift bag
    Fill the bag with
  • 1 medium crafted item
  • 2 small crafted items
  • 2 purchased sticking stuffers
14 Likes

Sounds fun and not too big of a swap, I’m in!

2 Likes

Sounds fun! Will see what my commitment list is like in October. I really like re-usable fabric gift bags.

4 Likes

I am IN! It’s like a stocking swap without the stocking! I have no where to put a stocking, and tons of holiday cheer already, so this is perfect.

5 Likes

I enjoyed the old stocking swaps from craftster but I just don’t need any more stockings. Gift bags would be useful though.

5 Likes

And once the holiday is here you could reuse it and put gifts in it! Love this idea. LOVE it!

4 Likes

I love it too!!! O my goodness I need in on this one!! Can we have multiple partners?

4 Likes

I hadn’t thought about that but yeah we could do 1 or 2 partners.

3 Likes

Absolutely love this idea! I’ll have to keep my eye out for when the swap is posted

5 Likes

Interested! A sack can ship flat, makes it easier to-and-from and, let’s be honest, within Canada :smile:

5 Likes

Ooh, this sounds fun. But I am at four swaps… which is more than I’ve had in years. I am going to set back and see how these pan out…

2 Likes

I’m so bad, I just can’t resist … post it notes, Christmas stickers, maybe even bows because they are sticky :joy:

I’ll go to the corner now.

8 Likes

Silly Cindy!
:smiley:

And @geekgirl , cool idea!

3 Likes

:neutral_face: Did someone mention stickers?! I’d join just for those alone! :laughing:. I’ve never made a bag before. Are we talking cloth bags? I guess you would be huh? Reusable and all. :thinking: I think I’d like to try this! I also have to see where I’m at in commitments at the time but hope to join in :grin:

3 Likes

Yep! Cloth. here are some examples

DIY Gift Bag
If you want to be super fancy
Drawstring gift bag
Fabric bag with button closure
Fold over button bag

3 Likes

I posted one here too.

2 Likes

This one looks nice and easy! Right up my alley. Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

That fold over one maybe doable! I’m going to give it a try also. We’ll see which comes out the best… I haven’t sewn in ages! Good project to get back into it. Thank you!

1 Like

Our tradition (started by my mother) is just to make super basic bags in fun fabrics, and then tie them shut with a piece of lace or chunky yarn, so no built-in closure needed.

3 Likes

would knitted bags be included? I was looking at patterns like:
colorwork bag

dumpling bag

bag

gift bag

1 Like