Scallop Scarf

I was playing with another one of my single/partial-ball thrift store yarns, and wound up designing a scarf that I think ends up looking really cool, but fir the life of me I can’t figure out how to write out the pattern in a way that makes sense, even though it is actually really simple.

11 Likes

The design is really cool, makes it look as if you have far more scarf than you do :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, when I was experimenting with it, I initially thought the wavey shape would be a little awkward, but it really isn’t, and around the neck, it’s especially nice because it ends up folding on itself, so the lower scallops sort of flay out over the shoulder, and the face is framed by basically a faux shawl collar, which is super cozy.

2 Likes

It looks warm and cozy!

I made a scallop scarf that looks similar…it was from an old magazine years ago…the scallops were more defined so it did not make a warm scarf unless you made it extra long and wrapped it a few times, but it was fun to make.

Can you chart it? It might help you with the words?

1 Like

I agree, the waves are really dramatic around your face. The groovy old gold chair is pretty neat, too!

1 Like

I love the unique shape of the scarf when it’s on. For some reason it reminds me of something Victorian.

2 Likes

I like the highly unique shape!

[quote=“AIMR, post:4, topic:1576, full:true”]
Can you chart it? It might help you with the words?[/quote]

My mom suggested the same thing, but the scallop part is really easy to write out. The tricky bit is that each scallop is worked one at a time, attached to the edge of the previous scallop by working through edge stitches in a specific way. It’s that bit that I have found challenging to write out, even with photos, and I’m not sure that charting would help.

how about a short video on that part…

1 Like

Nice! I really like the shape the color of the scarf.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful and unusual scarf. I really like it.

1 Like