Scandinavian stars

To say I have a lot of fabric is an understatement. When my niece shared an image of these folded fabric stars i knew i had to find a tutorial. My husband wanted something to take his coworkers around christmas so i put together a batch of these to add to christmas cards for his coworkers. I loved them! Loved making them. Used some rando fusible glue strips i had to finish them off so they wont come unfolded. I want to make a rainbow series to hang year round next! !

20191222_221010|374x500

21 Likes

These are really nice! Love that Scandinavian style!

2 Likes

I’d never heard of Scandinavian style stars before. They look really nice!

2 Likes

you may have seen them done out of paper before. This is a common paper craft.

1 Like

Yes!!! These are so pretty. I made a few as gifts, years ago… Yours are so cheery! Love the fabrics you chose.

2 Likes

How cute!
I never thought about making those out of fabric. I have a huge box of paper stars of the same style that my son and I made some years back.

2 Likes

These are beautiful :smiley: What a lovely gift! And a great stash buster!

1 Like

Ooh, very beautiful!! I may have to try these myself!

2 Likes

I found it a remarkably pleasurable task. I thought I would need to iron in between folds and that wasn’t the case so I could prep the strips and sit at my dining room table with the family while I folded them, then I later pressed them hot with steam inserting a bit of fusible glue strips inside.

2 Likes

absolutely a stash buster. Thats WHY I want to make more. I know we all have some fabric in great colors but maybe ho-hum patterns, this is a great way to pare that down!

2 Likes

These are remarkable crafts and I love all the various fabrics you chose!

These are so pretty!

They are SO pretty. I bet a quilter would love to receive these too! I love your idea to make a rainbow one!!

1 Like

I like these very much! There is usually a holiday ornament swap around Nov-Dec, I’m hoping you’ll join ~hint hint nudge nudge~ :wink:

1 Like

I love ornment swaps! Hit me up!

1 Like

Beautiful … I’m bookmarking this to try sometime. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like