Scandinavian Textile Inspired Wrap

I love 60s and 70s Scandinavian textiles, especially the bold, colorful stripes and swirls. Taking inspiration from a particular Verner Panton palette, I modified the weird scalloped scarf I posted a while back into this crazy wrap. The yarn is Malabrigo Worsted. I haven’t blocked it yet because I was too impatient to get pics.

It can be worn a number of different ways, depending on how you pin and twist it. I just love how it came out.

31 Likes

It’s gorgeous…both the colors and the pattern :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s brilliant, I love how you’ve modified it into the wrap, very clever

1 Like

Oh wow! So bright :sunglasses: :star_struck:

1 Like

It’s funky and beautiful! I love the way it lays in the bottom pic.

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

Very cool. I love the crochet hook-shaped scarf fastener in the first pic.

1 Like

I LOVE THIS… am now inspired but not sure how many more trips to the craft store I can make for yarn in the next week before getting the side eye from husband…

2 Likes

It’s really just one of the wooden crochet hooks I carved, but used as a scarf pin because I thought it would be both convenient and cute. Double-duty object! :smiley:

3 Likes

That is crazy! I love the way you can make it look so different by the way you wear it. Lovely shape. I would have never dreamed it would look like that on!

1 Like

This is so dang cool! And the swirliness and bright colors will be especially appreciated in the cooler, cuddlier weather.

1 Like

That is such a fun shape.

1 Like

Wowie, that is amazeballs (of yarn, haha). Perfect shawl collar, and the hook/pin? Get outta here, so clever.

1 Like

Awesome pattern! I like all the different ways you’ve wrapped it. And yes, the self-made crochet hook/shawl pin is a delight. :blush:

1 Like

Oh man! This totally reminds me of the 80’s in a good way, Love the color and the style.

1 Like

Congratulations! This has been selected as one of this week’s featured projects!

2 Likes

This is amazing!!! So creative and colorful and fun! Love it <3

1 Like

Love how you used that yarn…and yes, it is very much in the bright cheerful colors I have seen in Scandinavian wear! Lovely work…and clever pin!

1 Like

I have never seen anything like this and I am here for it! Looks GREAT on you!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I entered this one in my county fair. Judging was yesterday, but they don’t inform you. So I either need to go to the fair this weekend, or wait until the pickup time on Sunday night. I’m trying to make arrangements for me, my (now adult) child, and my (now adult) niece and her daughter, to go tomorrow evening. It was a tradition for my sister in law and me to take the kids to the fair when they were younger, before our state fair moved to another city and my niece and nephew got too old to want to go with their mother anyway. My SIL passed away unexpectedly in 2019, so she isn’t around to take her granddaughter to the fair. So I’m really hoping we can make it work. If we do, then I’ll know by tomorrow whether this weird little thing got a ribbon or not. :smiley:

2 Likes