Scotland Yarn Hat

When we went to Scotland last year I knew I had to bring some wool home with me. I bought some Bluefaced Leicester roving from a yarn shop in Edinburgh and spun it up into a 2 ply yarn. It gave me some trouble, was a bit on the slippery side but I powered through and got it all done.

I knew I wanted to make a nice squishy hat with it. I found this pattern that had cabled hearts, and since I started it in February it seemed appropriate. My goal was to finish it before my birthday, which I did! I topped it off with a fun white and gold pompom (sadly not from Scotland, just from JoAnn’s :laughing:)

17 Likes

It’s gorgeous! All of it! Your yarn looks so balanced and squishy! That cabled hat really shows it off.

1 Like

Gorgeous! You’ll be loving this hat for winters to come!

1 Like

That turned out great! Love the cables and the yarn shows it off well!

1 Like

Lovely! You AND the hat!

1 Like

What a fabulous hat! That cabling is super.

1 Like

Such an awesome use for that special yarn! Love the pom pom addition, too, and way to meet your goal! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Nicely done and love the design and color.

2 Likes

Beautiful yarn crafted into such a nice item, well done!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!
The color of the fiber is so interesting. In some lighting it looks gray, in others it looks brown. Sometimes it looks like a mixture of both.

I love the pompom attached to the top, it takes the hat from just being functional and makes it fun too! The cabled hearts pattern looks great!

1 Like