Scout Mom shirt

I made this shirt at the last minute to wear with the troop in the July 4th parade. It was my first time working with the glitter htv.

Unfortunately the parade was canceled due to weather, but I still have a nice new shirt!

Love this glitter!

22 Likes

Sparkly! I love the design you came up with.

2 Likes

Super cute!

2 Likes

So great! I agree with @wittychild, it’s a really cool design :hugs:

2 Likes

Watch out! You’re going to have other Mom’s who are going to want one too! Cool design and way to promote your child!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your project has been Featured this week!

1 Like

Fantastic! I was a scout mom as well! I would have loved a shirt like this!

Awesome sparkles!

1 Like

Wow, looks great! How did you make it?

1 Like

That looks great!
I could never help laughing when referring to myself as a “Beaver Leader” :smile:. Just sounds so funny, lol. My name was “Bubbles”, how about you?

1 Like

I designed it in Silhouette Studio. I grabbed a clipart of a fleur-de-lis and used the trace function to make it a cuttable design. Then I used the font “Slothdown Baby” from the Silhouette store for the text. I tried really hard to free rotate both lines of text the same amount and learned later that there’s a way to enter an exact degree for rotating objects :upside_down_face:. So this design has been re-done since I made the shirt. I cut the vinyl separately and stacked them on the shirt. You iron the bottom layer just enough to adhere, then iron it longer when you do the top layer. I love my Silhouette :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I was just called a den leader when I helped out with Cub Scouts. I didnt have a nickname, but that sounds fun!

Wow, that’s really cool. Hmm… I think my friend has one, but she hasn’t used it in a looooong time (she has 3 kids under six with a fourth on the way and a demanding husband).

Yeah I don’t get to use it as much as I’d like. I don’t have a dedicated craft space, so I have to get everything out and put it all away every time I make anything.

1 Like