Scrap-busting Sweater, A journey in pictures

Would you share more about how you got all those wild colours to blend so well? Was it how you paired the 2 yarns knit together? You managed to make pink look like a variation of green, etc. It’s just incredible.

1 Like

This looks so cozy and your tension is so spot on! Definitely looks professionally made!

2 Likes

It looks great! I really need to get around to knitting myself a sweater one of these days.

2 Likes

Hmm, I can say that I tried to pick color combos (between the two yarns held) that were interesting. I even tried some combos that I thought would be possibly ugly, some worked out and some didn’t (the ones the didn’t ended as very short stripes lol). When I would change to another 2 yarn combo I tried to keep in mind that it wasn’t too close in color story to the one before it. So like if I had a blue-forward stripe, the next stripe might be a neutral-forward stripe with flecks or brief flashes of a color like orange or red. And certainly part of it all was chance. It was all a big experiment in color theory I guess. Thankfully if it started to go ugly I could course correct by starting a stripe of another color. And another thing to mention is I think having neutrals as sort of a relief point to break up ALL THE COLOR helps a lot. Neutrals and different tones of color, so like pastels vs vibrant hues. If it was all super vibrant, I think that definitely would have been down rainbow barf road.

I don’t know if any of this makes sense but that’s what I was thinking as I worked through it.

8 Likes

:balloon: Congrats! Your fantastic work is one of this week’s Featured Project! :balloon:

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

I bought the pattern…I still have so much yarn leftover…it has been years since I made a sweater, so when it gets chillier (i.e. 60 degrees or so…), I am going to get started!

2 Likes

Awesome :smiley: It’s such a chill pattern, it’d be boring if not for the stripes!

1 Like

I don’t see myself making all the socks I thought I would when I lived up North…I am going to use the good stuff and make one sweater with some of it, even if it is not super scrappy.

3 Likes

Send an SOS if more scraps are needed lol I have some to spare (still!) hah.

1 Like

no give backs! Pass them along or use them for another sweater…I have plenty! lol

3 Likes

This is fabulous!
I’m so impressed w your perseverance!

2 Likes