Scrappy batik mugrugs

I can’t stop with this fabric today! Dozens of coasters & now these mugrugs for the man & I.

I love scrappy fabric & batik, yummy yum yum!

21 Likes

So pretty! I love batik fabric. That dark blue with the circles really draws me in! What a fun way to use random gorgeous fabrics together.

1 Like

So fun. I love these fabrics together. Glad you got something for yourself out of them!

I love batiks, but I also LOVE mugrugs. I always think that I only need one more, and then I get it and realize I could use another one. LOL! They are so useful. Lovely fabrics. That orange checkerboard is my favorite little touch.

2 Likes

You’re really making the most of these batiks AND your weekend!

1 Like

These are really cute! Is there a tutorial you can recommend for making little scrappy coasters like this? I have so many small scraps left over from making masks and it seems like this would be a great way to use them up but I’ve never done anything like it before.

1 Like

Hmm, I didn’t use one but look up any scrappy quilt as you go video. It’s very basic stitching & I know you can do it, give it a try!

2 Likes

They are so you! Nice to make something you’ll enjoy!

1 Like

Scrap-tastic!

1 Like

How fun! I love making projects that I will see regularly. It makes me feel accomplished when I see the item and inspires me to make more :blush:. I really like both of those dotted batiks!

I imagine people using mug rugs to hold their cookies while their glass of milk rests on the opposite side of the rug, which I suppose if you enjoy a lot of milk and cookies, multiple mug rugs would be useful. But I’m thinking you probably use yours for other purposes. What do you use them for? How are they useful? (I own one mug rug and it sits on the counter as a place for me to put my phone so that 1. I will not be distracted by it and 2. I will be able to easily locate my phone when I need it. But it gets very little use because I tend to set my phone down everywhere but there.).

2 Likes

Beside the bed.

3 Likes

I use them to sort of organize my spaces and make them feel a bit less scattered. I have one under my land line phone. A couple near my sewing table to hold my containers of sewing tools, pencils, etc. In the bathroom to organize my make up and bath products. On the toilet tank. On the nightstands in the bedrooms for water bottles, pens, etc. I just love them and have every single one I got in a swap doing its job somewhere! lol

2 Likes

Great ideas Linda! Cookies aren’t really my thing but I will start using them more places like that. As a cute placemat for stuff… I like it!

1 Like

I use them as mug rugs, but all over the place. I have two at work, one at my desk at home (I work hybrid), one in my living room. Now I need one for the craft room. There is always one more place I need it in.

1 Like