Scrappy Decorative Ball

I made this for the wonderful @endymion in the IYP swap. She had mentioned swapping Temari balls, but I decided that the level of precision required for one of those is just not in my wheelhouse. I found some amazing inspiration on pinterest for a scrappy ball and decided to offer that instead. Thankfully, she agreed!

Here are a few (read: a lot) of pics, to show the different angles. I decided to add crafty-type words since this seems to be part of my “style.”

And a couple progress pics. I started with an old ball of t-shirt yarn I’d made for mask straps, covered it in a bunch of quilt batting scraps, then covered it in white fabric scraps.

After adding the color scraps, but before all the stitching embellishment:

@endymion also posted some great pics in the IYP gallery if you just have to see more. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for looking and thanks for the awesome inspiration to try something new @endymion! :heart:

23 Likes

What a great way to riff on her collection in your own style! LOVE IT!

1 Like

All those stitches. It is very cool!

2 Likes

It’s so cool, I just love it.

1 Like

It is LITERALLY amazeballs! So, so cool from every possible angle. It looks great in my craft room. Think I’ll have to turn it every day so I can enjoy all the beautiful stitchery. Thanks again, so much!

2 Likes

this is phenomenal! and how smart of you to photograph the process!
well done!

1 Like

Thanks, guys! :blush: :heart:

This definitely makes me think a bowl of decorative scrappy balls is in order. They’d make such cool ornaments too.

3 Likes

This is so cool my friend. So different, and so you at the same time.

2 Likes

It’s such a nice size, too. You hit the sweet spot of not too big but yet still has presence. I do love your current style with the the way the word panels contrast the energy of the scraps. My favorite here is “Passion,” I like how the color angles behind it.

2 Likes

What an awesome idea! And I love that the style is so uniquely yours, even though it was something new.

:rotating_light: :rotating_light: Weee-oooo! Weee-oooo! Congratulations! You’re super craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Wee-oooo! Wee-oooo! :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

2 Likes

Ah! Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Absolutely adora-ball!!

3 Likes

This is such a creative idea. I love how you manage to translate your style into so many different mediums! The variety of fabrics, the stitches, the words, they all make for a wonderful feast for the eyes. Beautiful work!

1 Like