Scrappy Decorative Eggs

We are not usually around for Easter, and honestly, I’m not much of a celebrator, but being stuck at home, the holiday is a potential bright spot for our family. In an attempt to decorate a little, I stuck of bunch of fabric scraps on these plain wooden eggs I’ve had in my stash forever. I think I had originally planned to wood burn them. Also - there were originally 6, but 2 have walked away somehow…anyway, here are my scrappy decorative eggs!

Closer shot:

And showing off a different side:

Scraps were applied with ModPodge. I had help from some little hands, and they love seeing their eggs on display!

13 Likes

Niiice! You know I love a scrappy project and these look so colourful and fun. I love the littles had a hand in creating some seasonal display, way to get them engaged in DIY. That’s a habit that can last a lifetime :wink:

2 Likes

These are so cheerful and definitely put a smile on my face.

1 Like

These are so cheery! What a great family project.

1 Like

What a nice way to use up scraps! I bet the kids had fun and will remember this Easter!

1 Like

Fun! (I keep meaning to do something more interesting with the giant stash of plastic eggs… maybe we will glue stuff to them.)

2 Likes

I actually have zero plastic eggs! Was thinking I probably have to break down this year and get some so we can do a proper egg hunt.

Alisa Burke has some really cool ideas for sprucing up eggs. Oh - I just saw she did scrappy fabric ones! :laughing:

2 Likes

I made some little bunny etc holders out of fabric stash a few years ago, they would work just fine in place of plastic eggs!

3 Likes

YES! I’m so doing this! Thank you!

1 Like

Ahh, so cool! And the added benefit if they’re used for an egg hunt that if they don’t get found they can’t go bad :rofl:

1 Like

Neat! What a great idea.

1 Like

So cute and fun to make!

1 Like

Super fun! I love how bright and cheery they are!

1 Like

They are so cute and cheerful!

1 Like