Scrappy heart mini quilts

Gotta try this once I build up some scraps. They are radiant!

You just inspired me to make more…Valentine’s day is coming. I may add some pink/purple themed ones.

Oh, wow! Rainbow on black/grey is my favorite way to look at rainbow.

This makes me so happy! The heart is so uplifting.

These are so fun, I love this idea! Have you done shapes other than hearts?

These are wonderful and now I have to try one … never heard of dissolvable fabric so I’m off to investigate it :smiley:

Bookmark set so I can remember ‘how to once’ I’ve found that fabric.

I had never heard of dissolvable fabric either. I am impressed by how well you blended the colors too. I have attempted it before and it was much harder than I thought it would be. Thank you for explaining how you did it.

1 Like

It’s often called water-soluble fabric stabilizer and I think I purchased Sulky brand, but there are several brands available. I bought two rolls, one with a slightly tacky backing which works very well to keep those little bits in place as I stitch and one just plain. I like the sticky version better because it stays in place pretty well. Really, it looks just like light interfacing but dissolved in water. I love the stuff, you can draw on it and stitch over it. You can also get it in sheets.
It’s made such a difference in creating wild and wonderful fabric collages. But do remember that whatever you use under the stabilizer must be water friendly.

4 Likes

I never thought to use it this way. lol. This is brilliant! I love it! The heart is just gorgeous! <3

I’ve been looking for this one but not finding it, my package got so old they changed the branding and now I don’t know what to search for. Would you share a photo of yours? I need more of the sticky one. You know I’ve got a lot of scraps to use up, lol.

I have no labels anymore, just two rolls of product. Look for water-soluble fabric stabilizer. I seem to remember the brand was Sulky. It’s been a while for me too. And I can’t seem to find the non sticky back one … lost in the wilds of my craft room. It will turn up. I am certain. LOL.