Scrappy Lap Full of Love Quilt

I belong to a quilting group that makes fund raising raffle quilts to support women’s land. We are doing a Laps Full of Love project sending quilts to women who need a little bit extra comfort as they age or recover from illness.
I started this with no plan in mind except to use up some scraps, scraps sorted mostly by color. Then the request for lap quilts appeared and it morphed into a quilt, about 48 x 60. I managed to raid my stash for everything including the backing, binding, and batting. It’s quilted in a spiral pattern with rainbow thread on the front.
I fell in love with this quilt and just shipped it off to a woman who will be surprised by some warmth in the mail.

30 Likes

Such a gorgeous quilt, I’m sure the woman who receives it will love it!

Gorgeous!! I love the quilted spiral, and everything else about this quilt!

Absolutely beautiful!

What a fantastic quilt, with a huge variety of colors! It was very generous of you to send off such a bright bit of happiness and warmth.

My two favorite things are that pop of yellow in the blue square and the scrappy strip on the back!

1 Like

I love this quilt so much! It’s stunning!
:heart_eyes:

@marionberries, you always make lovely quilts, but this one is extra spectacular. Some unplanned scrap projects work out okay, and others become messes. This one is a true work of scrappy art. :heart:

It’s so beautiful. I love that it’s all stash and the beautiful colors with the black make it look like stained glass. :heart_eyes:

This is so gorgeous, I’m sure it will be treasured.

Nice job! What a wonderful way to bring some cheer to a person! All from stash…wow…nice stash as well!

She’s a beauty! And made even more so by the comfort she’ll provide.

This is really beautiful!

Wow, this is absolutely lovely!!

Congratulations! Your amazing quilt is a featured project. Thank you for sharing such a sweet project.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like